the road trip route 66

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mr. fear! whats up? yes pleaze post me the link to get me a copy of that book. i'd love to read it. dp1

Funny, we never really went through all the stuff from vacation - just threw it in the closet! I haven't gone through the 5000+ pictures etc. Don't think I ever said thanks to Bonehead for his hospitality when we stopped.

Here is a link to that book at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Book-Highway-66/dp/0826311482- my wife picked it up at a trinket shop, but Amazon has 'em. It was kinda fun to follow along as we drove and see what had changed or stayed the same since 1946.

DMW - if I would only have known, we woulda stopped by!

hey thank you very much, so glad you had a great trip, i'm saving the bike trip for sometime in the future. do you have some pics you can post up here? i would love to see some! dp1, george

dont want to put ya to sleep with the home movies but when ya have a few minutes heres a link to some of the route 66 photos, maybe youll see a site that sparks you interest. if i can answer any thing let me know. gw
http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p348/Dezel_Ingen/Route 66 ride in 06/
P1010033.jpg

Thanks for the pictures gww! I see you went through Madrid, NM to Maggie's from "Wild Hogs". I live pretty close to there!

dmw, your welcome we sure enjoyed the experience. we did veer off the path a few times along the rt.. enjoyed seeing the town, but Maggies was closed at that time. also got off the path to visit the Grand Canyon. W O W
is a understatement for standing in its all.
your being close to Madrid, you live in a pretty appealing area.
and by the way. when i first came to this site, yours was one of the first build write ups i read thru. enjoyed the heck out of it. your talents shine.
we ride threw N Mex a few times a yr. we found a pretty neat eat n place just off the original rt.66 path in Villanueva N Mex called La Risa Cafe I25 exit 323. great chow and folks. you ever bend an arm there? 777s. gw

RT 66 trip

Last year when everyone started talking about this trip I was excited, but with all the set backs and lack of time or energy, my 31 is not done, then I read the trip is being moved to aug. cool I may have time, now I just need the energy to get going again, some nice warm weather would help that, when I do have time I cruise E-bay and today I found the orange crush on there for sale, whats up with the trip, I hope all is well with dogpatch. ebay # 180474063522

update on RATS ACCROSSED AMERICA

hello to all i know this trip has been left in the wind and i am sorry for that.

But its not dead,

yes!

Everythings still in the planning stages and still going on just a different rat, with alittle more leg room, the crush was great but kinda cramped for a cross country trip so we decided to build another,we do however want your input!!!!
RAT'S ACCROSSED AMERICA. has turned into something big with several sponsors, suppliers, and even some dedicated media intrest,

bigger, than i thought and way bigger than i planned. MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE MYSELF.

i decided to sell the crush to fund both the new build and the trip and, have gotten way more than i expected(call me crazy but its going up and up on EBAY and i didnt expect that.....)

we are gunna do a full build soon, from frame to finish and ask for your input on everything that way when we ALL participate, a full project from everyone on this site and its driven,(our project) accross this country, we kinda thought that it would mean more to all on the trip, both live and thru the live updates daily, you will feel part of the trip cause you helped build it..., give us your input and let me know if this is a good approach or ???.... george

dp1

Last year when everyone started talking about this trip I was excited, but with all the set backs and lack of time or energy, my 31 is not done, then I read the trip is being moved to aug. cool I may have time, now I just need the energy to get going again, some nice warm weather would help that, when I do have time I cruise E-bay and today I found the orange crush on there for sale, whats up with the trip, I hope all is well with dogpatch. ebay # 180474063522

dont give up this trip takes alot of planning just like your build.[cl:) dp1

George, I have to say im sad to see the crush go but i looked at it on ebay today. WOW!! dude thats awesome! so what are you thinking about building now??

yeah go back and read the description again for some even better news:(:(

its been a great weekend let me tell ya.... george

George I hope the truck is not hurt too badly, you'll have to post some pictures, you never know who is bidding those crazy bids, may be someone with crazy money, foose, leno stranger things have happened on the-bay, congrats on a great truck and the new win, hope someone comes through with the real cash, you could build crush II extended cab with that kind of dough.

Dude, thats a total bummer :( I really hope the crush isnt that bad. I know you will have it fixed in no time and she will look as good as always!!

Latest posts

Back