the road trip route 66

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogpatch1

As some of you know i recently took a year and built a rod.(ORANGE CRUSH),

Over the past 5 years i have been doing research and development and re-research and development on this little project, collecting pics and data on the road trip of a lifetime.

my plans are to travel as much of the ol mother road as possible, making a documentary of my trip and posting pics every night as i go of the days events.

i know it has been done b4. and even had a recent movie made about it, but its something i have wanted to do all my life.

so in the spring of 2010 i will start my journey.

i was recently contacted about someone wanting to " SPONSOR" some of the cost's, in exchange for some advertisement of course, which untill now is something i never thought of....

i also recieved a G.P.S. in the mail from garvin. with a letter that said for your trip and a form to rate my experience with there product when done, something i never asked for but am pleasantly suprised to have recieved...

i am making rat rods rule the website to post pics on as i go. along with my myspace page.

so if any of you guys have pics or info on route 66 and its many attractions please post em here.

also if any of you live close to or on route 66 please get in contact with me so we can plan a meet...

:cool:!!!!TO BE CONTINUED!!!!:cool: DP1, GEORGE

Attachments

• car-pulling-trailer-on-Route-66-2.jpeg
    car-pulling-trailer-on-Route-66-2.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 63
  • l_3c70bf771e42583b9a11f32675985905.jpeg
    l_3c70bf771e42583b9a11f32675985905.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 43
  • im-tx9s.jpeg
    im-tx9s.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 54
  • l_4ac525e53f605a4aeea17c34e20ec0cd.jpeg
    l_4ac525e53f605a4aeea17c34e20ec0cd.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 29
  • l_31599f729db0415d956f3fda1ab091b6.gif
    l_31599f729db0415d956f3fda1ab091b6.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 48
Well, since I live just off of Rt 66 in New Mexico I sure can show you some places here. Sounds like a fun trip. New Mexico actually has 2 routes on Ol 66 Pre 1937 and post 1937. The map you posted is the Pre 1937 route through Santa Fe. I can make a list and pm you of must stop places including my place I'm on the post 37 route.

h***yeah!

thanks, dmw, that is awesome, p.m. and post away.

moronthethrottle, thanks, yes, my plan all along was to build a traditionally styled rod to make the trip. i will be taking the crush, and yes i do have TRIPLE A! LOL. and even though everything is new from the radiator, engine, trans, driveshaft, tires, brakes,ect,ect, i do have a crapload of extra parts and tools to go along with. dp1

Attachments

• crush'd 1.jpg
    crush'd 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 59
  • crush'd2.jpg
    crush'd2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 82
trip

thats cool sounds like alot fun. are you doing this alone . have you given any idea in trying to get together a group of cars to do the trip with you. i would love to do that trip too. it would be a blast.

yeah!

i am game for a caravan! anyone else wanna join in, even if its just thru your neck of the woods we could make this a huge thing! lets get a plan! dp1

George thats awesome! Hey let me know when your planning on going Ill follow for a state or two. i wont be able to go the whole way but it would be awesome to start this trip off with ya!

rockb

you know i will brent, but you have to drive urs too! :D i want to time this trip to correspond with either viva las vegas or a few other big carshows along the way. but i dont want to get caught in the desert heat either???....:eek::eek::confused: dp1, george

trip

psterlingjr, i will be in touch and keep watching the posts on here for updates i think it is too kool that ur going, and hope there are more that can meet up and go. dp1, george

you know i will brent, but you have to drive urs too! :D i want to time this trip to correspond with either viva las vegas or a few other big carshows along the way. but i dont want to get caught in the desert heat either???....:eek::eek::confused: dp1, george

Oh yea you know Ill be drivig mine for sure. Ya we can meet up on the 80/90 or something head towards chi town and go from there or where ever.

I may have to get my lawn chair and wave at you guys as you pass by. I'll just have to figure out where the closest spot is. Sounds like a great trip.

This is a really cool thing DP1. I wish I could travel along in my coupe with ya. I have a special request. Could you take some photos of some of the old signs and buildings? I really enjoy that sort of thing.

PICS

GASTRICK, yes i will take tons of pics and upload them at stops along the way. i plan on taking 10 to 14 days to do this thing, and want to see, photograph, and document as much as i can all along the way. it should be a great story. stay tuned...... dp1,george

Latest posts

Back