The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know what a 1932 Ford torque tube looks like?

I was told this one might be from a 32!

IMG_2650.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm also thinking about having the two pipes merge as they exit the hole in the frame. Kinda like the front two tubes of this, but rotated flat.

talbotpipessingle.jpg

Copy at your own risk. None of this has been proven to work....I'm making suff up as I go. ....seriously!

That could be the disclaimer for the entire website! :rolleyes:

If you can easily manage to merge the tubes like that, do it, but don't get wrapped up in a lot of work - it'll look darn good as one tube too.

That could be the disclaimer for the entire website! :rolleyes:

If you can easily manage to merge the tubes like that, do it, but don't get wrapped up in a lot of work - it'll look darn good as one tube too.

They have to get merged somewhere. The jag manifolds are split.

Flipper, I wish you'd quit your day job and work on this full time. I want to see it on four wheels next summer.[cl

i make everything up as i go along. it gives me plausible denyability when stuff dont line up right. :D

SERIOUSLY AWESOME BUILD! ive sat here at work today and for the past 2 hours all ive done was read this thread word for word! i noticed the pics of the wreck were in franklin ky. i live in portland and have family that live in franklin. maybe ill see this riding around there one day soon. keep the updates coming im def following

Is he going to try and save this beast?

Yeah. But it won't be restrored. It will be hot rodded. Something along the lines of this.

ontheground6.jpg

The thought right now is to swap in something water cooled (run expressway speeds and have airconditioning).

If I found a drivetrain to swap in that used 5x100 bolt pattern wheels, I could use these 18" Halibrands that I bought for my wifes car (but she didn't like).

IMG_0281-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

He's owned this thing for 40+ years. He used it as a storage shed. When it was parked, it was in an open pasture.

IMG_0883.jpg

Last edited:
SERIOUSLY AWESOME BUILD! ive sat here at work today and for the past 2 hours all ive done was read this thread word for word! i noticed the pics of the wreck were in franklin ky. i live in portland and have family that live in franklin. maybe ill see this riding around there one day soon. keep the updates coming im def following

Yep, thursday was the one year anniversary.

I've been waiting on cool weather to get back to work on this crazy thing and the past 3 weekends have been great, but I've had other commitments (mainly work) that have kept me out of dad's shop.

As of now, I have a four day weekend planned for next weekend! Hopefully there will be a substantial update to follow.

I went and played with it this past weekend. I think I forked up more than I fixed...but I enjoyed the time with my folks and I figured out/rembered what I wanted to do a year ago......

I needed to figure out the transmission tunnel before I could figure out the transmission mount

IMG_2658.jpg

I tried the jag tunnel again
IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

I didn't fit as snug as I wanted it to, so I sliced and diced it...

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

I cut it a little more

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Latest posts

Back