The Z.Z.Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been window shopping for some seats for the 39'. Here's what I have in mind but before I get something bought & then find out maybe there would have been a better choice Thought you guys could chime in on what works & doesn't.

Have been eyeing Mustang front leather black buckets. kind'a like the 2000 & up. What I have coming for the inside the cab covering the tranny & drive shaft (Tunnel) is a Farmall H hood. Hope it works as it has two molded into the sheet metal gage pods. Would have to cut in a place for the shifter. I like it for the shape & old faded red color & Farmall stripes on the sides.

From measurements it will be tight for the hood & buckets.

Your input appreciated.

I am building the same truck. That grille does kinda' grow on ya' after a while. My current seating choice is a third seat out of a '90-something Suburban. It couldn't fit better if it were stock. Nice thin back that gains me a few inches in leg room, which I need bad. Also folds down to access anything behind the seat. Thinking of hinging the front, also.Easy access to a box under the seat that way. My fenders are your yellow. Cab is Dark blue original paint.

I knew it had been some time but didn't realize 8 months!LOL

Unloaded the 39' in the barnyard last summer & there it has sat since. Getting back to checking the RRR & seeing other builds come together is motivating.

Have picked up some parts that we will be using during the build that are pretty neat. Kind'a glad that some time has passed because I have changed my mind for the interior when it comes together.

Well all I have to post for now is some pics of the parts as we pick them up. Here is a set of NOS door locks for a B-17, B-24 aircraft that we will use as interior door handles.

Attachments

• door handles.jpg
    door handles.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 79
Gastrick, That is the path ours is headed for. Very cool! What was your process for distressing the aluminum? I like the bomber seats as well but don't want a polished look at all. No shiney!!!

Yeah ,I can see why they would fit in yours. Did you go with suicide doors?

Check out my new little treasure.

Not a thing going with the build till the new title is issued & that's not to far now.

In the meantime have been getting some of the "THINGS" rounded up for the 39'. Here are a couple of pics of a F-4 fighter cockpit armament control panel that somehow I stumbled upon while surfing ebay on night. This is a pretty neat piece! Plan on mounting it on the dash & using the switches to start/kill the engine & turn on the lights. Maybe shoot down some bad guys!LOL

Attachments

• DSC01982.jpg
    DSC01982.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC01984.jpg
    DSC01984.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 107
Getting Ready for the Dance

Loader the 39' up this afternoon & the plans are to head to southern Ohio to Mr. Gussett's on Saturday. Long time coming.LOL We will dismantle her & sit & look with a roll of masking tape in our hands the rest of the day.

Hopefully have some update pics next week.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 130
Here's some pics of the 39' coming apart down at Mr. Gussets.

Rat Rodney you have a new stablemate.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 4.jpg