The Z.Z.Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

For those of you who like pics here are some new ones from the first week of our build. Mr.G is doing the chop for us. The big drawback is that we are about 120 miles apart so it's going to be challenging to get down there.

He makes it look so easy!

When the chop is done & we start the chassis he may have a new bestest friend living with him!LOL

Later

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 157
More Pics

More Pics.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 185
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 153
Forgot to mention that the day we delivered the 39' to G's that Mike (Cornfield Customs) stopped in & got to meet him. He is a very talented young man!

He suggested a 5" inch chop so that's what we did. Thanks Mike.

What do you guys think?

Your 2 cents worth

I'm at the point where we need to get the rims coming. Have picked them out. Would like to have some input from you guys. We are going to bead blast them & paint our own color but undecided as to which way to go with the new colors.

How do you think a glossy vs. a satin or a flat finish would look. The colors are black on the spokes & red on the rim.

Thanks for your opinion!

Have been window shopping for some seats for the 39'. Here's what I have in mind but before I get something bought & then find out maybe there would have been a better choice Thought you guys could chime in on what works & doesn't.

Have been eyeing Mustang front leather black buckets. kind'a like the 2000 & up. What I have coming for the inside the cab covering the tranny & drive shaft (Tunnel) is a Farmall H hood. Hope it works as it has two molded into the sheet metal gage pods. Would have to cut in a place for the shifter. I like it for the shape & old faded red color & Farmall stripes on the sides.

From measurements it will be tight for the hood & buckets.

Your input appreciated.

I found killer seats at a northern tool here in minnesota that are for a lawnmower but they are not the vacuum formed crap these are vinyl covered foam padded seats with the sliders and all!! got them for $140!!!!

Attachments

• Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Seats2.jpg
    Seats2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
You are in fact....

A truly Lucky Devil..... nice find.... don't have any Northern Tools around here.. wonder if TSC might have them... (Tractor Supply) in case someone never heard of it.....

Update

Not much to update but had the chance to tour Moser Engineering,the folks that build the race rear ends, Have a neighbor that works there. Will be getting our 9" from them. Pretty cool shop. Their race cars were still there getting ready to head out for the season. Really neat.

Did order our wheels today. Need to have the wheels first then we can start the chassis. Here's the wheel & ours will be the same color. Will be running 17"x8" on front & 19"x10" on rear.

Attachments

• collage_lb_image_page40_30_1.jpg
    collage_lb_image_page40_30_1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 73
That's a pretty cool wheel choice. You've got the three essential hotrod colors in one package: hotrod red, flat black and chrome. :cool: :cool:

Is it a multi-piece design or are the fasteners aesthetic?

Latest posts

Back