tire question..........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passtentz

passtentz intro...michigan here

new guy here to the site, im a native from grand raggitty, i don't have a ratrod at the present moment, but have a few ideas in mind, and im a straight up car nut, all i do is wrench in my free time, if im not out somewhere making things explode. Someone shoot that guy that said foreign cars last longer than domestics, cuz i still see alotta old a$$ american cars on the road. Up here in michigan everything rusts and all tires eventually go flat, some cars just look better than others rusted.

Last edited:
Firt off, welcome to RRR passtentz. For the most part, the taller tires are traditional and are correct for a traditionally styled car or truck but that mostly applies to 30's, 40's, and some 50's vehicles. With that being said though, I believe that one should use the tires that he or she likes on their own car. It's all a matter of personal preference to me. If you like low profile tires on your car, I say run them.

thanks gas, sorry i had to delete my 1st post it was outta context for some reason i was in intro's but here was my question anyhow......

are super tall wide whites the meat n tatas of the rat tire assc? cuz i usually roll low pro tires, i had a 62 merc and i was riding on 14" 520's on steeleys and it was looking nice imo and i know it's more of a mexican lowrider look, but it's a quick way to lower the car without too much fabbin if any, ya just get stuck with a lotta wheel well showin depending on the ride.

i did that with my 72 caddillac when i had it. after i cut the springs i bought the lowest profile cheap tires wal-mart was willing to install :D. They would go too much becuase the tires were cheap and they had liability concerns. oh well. as far as:

Someone shoot that guy that said foreign cars last longer than domestics

i guess it really depends on the car itself. some domestic cars are garbage, most are great. some foreign cars are garbage, most are great as well. I had an 88 buick regal in high school, biggest piece of garbage i've ever owned. My 86 volvo at one time was ten million times more reliable, had more power, and looked better.
then again, i wouldn't trade my old chevy truck for anything, super reliable.

anyways, welcome to the board dude, we always could use more members!

i had a 77 cadillac fleetwood and i rolled it on 5.20-13's for years with no problems i loved it..........on my 55 truck i bought some tall and skinnys with wide whites i think it would look good

Attachments

• coker tires.jpg
    coker tires.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back