Tweakers and thieves

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
As i write this my hands are still shaking from the adrenaline and anger!my wife and i got up around 430 this morning to feed the our 3 month old twin girl. We had been up for 20 minutes or so when we herd a rig sound like it pulled into the drive next door. I got up and looked out the front and back doors and didnt see anything. Not paying it much more attention. That driveway sees alot of traffic. Another 10 minutes pass and we hear a noise outside. I thought it was the wind blowing and old window frame around we have hanging on the back porch. We herd it again and my wife said "thats someone in your work truck!" I open the blinds and sure enough some a-hole is diggin in the side box of my dodge! So i yeld some choice words and headed for the safe, i wasnt chasin him down with out some fire power. My .45 was sitting on top of the safe (not sure why i didnt put it in the safe:mad:) but non the less i bolted out the door. By this time the idiot new he had been made and took off with me chasing him bare foot in my shorts down the road. He got in his light colored late 80s 2wd s-10 pickup with the drivers side tail light out and speee off with no head lights on. He only got a few small hand tools and most likely a soiled pair of underwear. But hopefully they got the hint and wont be back!

Sorry for the rant but this is the second time in 1 year we have been robbed. The first time wasnour home, now my truck. Its ridiculous that people cant just do **** the right way. We work hard for our stuff and i like to keep it. Hopefully they catch him but its unlikely. [ddd

I too can't stand a thief.
The people doing these things have most likely been caught several times with minimal consequences. No fear of punishment!!!!
I over heard two guys, yesterday evening. One asked the other "When did you get out?" his reply was "yesterday" with very little concern.

Probably a druggie. Their dependence on drugs makes them do anything to get that next fix. They probably were good folks before they got addicted. I'm not taking up for them, just telling you from experience, we went through this with the oldest boy, so I've seen it firsthand. They'll steal the quarters off a dead mans eyes to get that fix.

You had to be psyched up, no way I'd run out of the house barefoot! I can't even walk around in the house barefoot, much less outside.

One thing to remember, in most places you can't use deadly force over property, only if you feel your life or family is threatened. It differs by location. A guy I know got arrested for shooting at a perp breaking into his shop, and the perp went free. Perp got it later though, he tried robbing a guy at gunpoint, guy was a retired Marine and took the gun away from him and pistol whipped him with it pretty good.

I agree with the druggie thing. He was just lookin for a quick few bucks. No i couldnt use deadly force over property, but i wasnt takin the chance of him standin his ground and having a weapon and me not having mine. I figured also it might scare him enough he wouldn't come back

But if i found them in my house like they where last year i could have. We can defend our dwelling

I agree with the druggie thing. He was just lookin for a quick few bucks. No i couldnt use deadly force over property, but i wasnt takin the chance of him standin his ground and having a weapon and me not having mine. I figured also it might scare him enough he wouldn't come back

But if i found them in my house like they where last year i could have. We can defend our dwelling

As Mr T would say, I pity the poor fool who tries to get in my house! [ddd Loaded 12 gauge pump right beside my bed in unlocked gun cabinet, .22 pistol in my pants pocket, .38 Special on TV. I'm ready if it should happen!

I know what you mean about the possibility of them packing, if I have to go out like that I take the pump, and rack it just before I get there, the sound of it usually will send them running! Get off of my yard, he he! [cl[cl

Ive got a 12 gauge side by side, but it was the opposite side of the house from the direction i was heading[ddd

not putting you down !!

some constructive comments. understand not putting you down. first it sounds like you did not want to catch him. you holler then get gun from safe area. get gun catch him or pop a couple rounds at his feet. you yell was a warning. think about locking tool box or adding lock system. this was second time.

if at an unusual hr. go out in dark with gun and look for reason for noise. if you can semi safely put a few into his car, truck. put a couple in legs, butt, or other none life removing area. create the reputation of shoot first then get close.

you just scared him, he`ll be back. he will be better prepped next time. get an outside light that comes on with movement. alarm switches on tool box doors.

a 45 is a big gun. get a 22 and load with bird shot. will burn there ass but not kill.

my ccw is 22. 1st shot is bird shot in the face, then if needed a hollow point follows between the eyes. home protect 38 with bird shot then hollow point.

get the reputation for being a gun nut. others think twice. as mentioned, non life threatening circumstances.

He only got a few small hand tools and most likely a soiled pair of underwear.

You keep soiled underwear in your toolbox? (Sorry, just the way I read it.)

They will sue you if you maim them!

Here's a stupid tale:

A friend's uncle was home when a young guy broke into his house. He grabbed his pistol (a .38 I believe, it was a looong time ago) and never fired a round, but beat the (unarmed) intruder about the head and neck, restrained the beaten idiot and called police. Result? Charged with "Assault With a Deadly Weapon" because he used the pistol to thump his skull. Charged with "Assault Causing Bodily Harm" because he beat him properly and oh yeah, threw him out the front window. Haha!

Anyhow the charges against the uncle were serious criminal offenses and he paid handsomely to defend himself and stay out of jail. The intruder, on the other hand, was charged with "Breaking and Entering" a misdemeanor.

some constructive comments. understand not putting you down. first it sounds like you did not want to catch him. you holler then get gun from safe area. get gun catch him or pop a couple rounds at his feet. you yell was a warning. think about locking tool box or adding lock system. this was second time.

if at an unusual hr. go out in dark with gun and look for reason for noise. if you can semi safely put a few into his car, truck. put a couple in legs, butt, or other none life removing area. create the reputation of shoot first then get close.

you just scared him, he`ll be back. he will be better prepped next time. get an outside light that comes on with movement. alarm switches on tool box doors.

a 45 is a big gun. get a 22 and load with bird shot. will burn there ass but not kill.

my ccw is 22. 1st shot is bird shot in the face, then if needed a hollow point follows between the eyes. home protect 38 with bird shot then hollow point.

get the reputation for being a gun nut. others think twice. as mentioned, non life threatening circumstances.

He saw me open the blinds, he was already alerted of me. In my state you are allowed to defend your dwelling with deadly force, not personal property. I did fire a round into the ground by his truck when he was leaving. We believe its the same idiots that have been stealing stuff since last year when we got broke into. No-one has been caught, so if it was he knows i have guns cause thats what they took last time. My tool boxes where locked except the one he was in. Forgot to lock that door yesterday. My place is lit up like a prison at night, he just didnt give a crap. I have installed motion alerting cameras since this morning. If he comes back ill know hes here before he even gets close to the house.

I have a number of friends in the local sheriff's department, they have always said shot to kill, then its your word against no ones and a dead guy cant sue you!

It is a sad situation. Hopefully they grow up and straighten out before it's too late but this meth really gets ahold of them. I have a nephew who is about 25, doing at least 5 years, should be life as habitual but the prisons are so crowded that any non violent crime sentences are severely reduced. He hasn't spent more than 6 months continuously free in 8-9 years.

lowbudget

your last post told me things I did not realize. thanks for up date. again not downing anyone. the comment from sheriff dept friend sounds good. but as mentioned give the correct thought before actions. not much time but do your best.

a shot fired can not be recalled.

I agree with you on that. Thats why i shot at the ground not at him. I have a family to think about, but on the other hand thats why i wanted to try and send him a meassage that we arent screwin around. There is no place for that crap around here.

A friend's uncle was home when a young guy broke into his house. He grabbed his pistol (a .38 I believe, it was a looong time ago) and never fired a round, but beat the (unarmed) intruder about the head and neck, restrained the beaten idiot and called police. Result? Charged with "Assault With a Deadly Weapon" because he used the pistol to thump his skull. Charged with "Assault Causing Bodily Harm" because he beat him properly and oh yeah, threw him out the front window. Haha!

Anyhow the charges against the uncle were serious criminal offenses and he paid handsomely to defend himself and stay out of jail. The intruder, on the other hand, was charged with "Breaking and Entering" a misdemeanor.

Sorry but anyone that breaks into my house will be taking a trip to the morgue!

Beercan

Latest posts

Back