Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brake line. I'm not sure if mine was stretched tight when I locked the bags up or if it was only when I lifted the car by the frame and let the axle hang free.

Maybe the trucks had a little different set up than the cars?

Little change

OK, I lowered the rear, put larger tires up front and raised the front enough that the headers don't drag, so [S

Now I have to get off my a$$ and get the body back together.

Have a great Holiday everyone. Thanks for a great year [cl

Attachments

• Spr 0359a.jpg
    Spr 0359a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Spr 0370.JPG
    Spr 0370.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Spr 0371.JPG
    Spr 0371.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 108
I've been building hot rods all my life but I couldn't possibly do what you have accomplished on the Camino. Great work!

I've been building hot rods all my life but I couldn't possibly do what you have accomplished on the Camino. Great work!

Thanks bob, but you don't know until you give it a try. I was never told "you can't do that" growing up so I'll try any thing and some times it works out. Trying to give my girl the same message.

Thanks bob, but you don't know until you give it a try. I was never told "you can't do that" growing up so I'll try any thing and some times it works out. Trying to give my girl the same message.

I LOVE IT! That's I was raised with never say 'I can't', but always say " I will try."

Thanks Guys

It's a long way from any kind of paint. It's a good 30 ft. car now, shooting for a 10 footer.
Spent all day today cleaning hardware, funny my daughter had!! to go to
work[S
Oh well. :rolleyes:

WHY

would an engineer design a door hinge that can only be adjusted by removing the front fender [S and of course you have to have the fender on to get the door/fender gap right :confused:
a week later and half a dozen on and off's or is that off and on's [S
headlight buckets on, now for 42 yr old wiring.
C'ya on the radio

would an engineer design a door hinge that can only be adjusted by removing the front fender [S and of course you have to have the fender on to get the door/fender gap right :confused:
a week later and half a dozen on and off's or is that off and on's [S
headlight buckets on, now for 42 yr old wiring.
C'ya on the radio

If it's like the ones on my 3rd gen camaro I wasn't able to adjust them easily until the 'go-thru' ratchets came out... the socket fits over the bolt with if you angle it just right, the fit was perfect, saved a ton of time by the time I got around to my 3rd camaro... those door always needed adjusting and the wrech was a pain 1/4" turn at a time

If it's like the ones on my 3rd gen camaro I wasn't able to adjust them easily until the 'go-thru' ratchets came out... the socket fits over the bolt with if you angle it just right, the fit was perfect, saved a ton of time by the time I got around to my 3rd camaro... those door always needed adjusting and the wrech was a pain 1/4" turn at a time

Now you tell me, i'm not sure what a "go through racket" is [S I did a 70 Camaro for my daughter but didn't have to mess with the doors.
Oh well, live and learn :(

Can't beleave it's 4 weeks since the last update

This is the time in a build when you spend a lot of time and have not much to show for it :mad:
Doors adjust, not to bad, wiring sorted out found more than a few melted wires under the dash (wth) [S, and who in their right mind would just weld a door pin to the jam [S, now I have a Cadillac part on my GMC[cl, and finally, bag controls in.

Run to the Sun, Lake Havasu 2014 is in Oct and I'm hoping to make that the first road trip [S
Any way here are some pix of what's been going on. [P

See you on the radio

Attachments

• spr 0381.jpg
    spr 0381.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 47
  • spr 0380.jpg
    spr 0380.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 42
  • spr 0374.jpg
    spr 0374.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 47