Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Whats New?

I hope I never meet the person that did the restoration of the thing, they missed the memo about rust repair :mad:
Any way enough ranting
The fourth pic is about an inch of bondo to fill in the inner fender support, why is all that rusty around the edges [S
I'm not a great body man but is it that hard [;)
Started running the lines for the front airbags. I'm putting the control valve assy. behind the pass. seat.
I have the left door cleaned up and the hinges rebuilt but no pix yet.
And the saga continues :cool:

Attachments

• spr 0343.jpg
    spr 0343.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 57
  • spr 0344.jpg
    spr 0344.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 56
  • spr 0345.jpg
    spr 0345.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SPR 0346.jpg
    SPR 0346.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 58
  • spr 0349.jpg
    spr 0349.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 52
  • spr 0351.jpg
    spr 0351.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 50
Sam, "really" [S

The "Wow!" was referencing how good it looks. The rest was just yankin' yer chain.

I don't recall if you said you've done bags before - it's important not to let your airlines rub - looks like it does in that 3rd pic.

That fourth pic is a headache. A restoration in name only.

Your right gentelmen

Sam I was thinking the same thing on that control arm. Maybe a grommet is in order?

This is my first bager but yes I understand the rubbing thing. Nothing moves there except the hose from vibration, the metal is to thick for a reg. grommet so i'm thinking a piece of hose glued in place should do the trick [S also I think little silicon around the hose and tube in the firewall.

Thanks to all for the kind words. Em and I are liking how it's turning out.

Little at a time

Decided to put the valve body on nice flat piece of wood, fits well behind the pass. seat. Got the air lines from bags to valves, now the gauges and switchs.

Attachments

• spr 0352.jpg
    spr 0352.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 50
  • spr 0354.jpg
    spr 0354.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 46
Probably more than enough. Just gotta make sure you cover all aspects for wear even though the lines are pretty tough. I'm overly cautious since I lay frame, a blown line could get real serious for me.

Since you have air, you should find yourself an old air-horn too!

I gotta say, this is one of my favorite builds on RRR. Mostly because chopping up that year of vehicle ain't easy .... and ain't easy to get right.

Air Horn "um"

Probably more than enough. Just gotta make sure you cover all aspects for wear even though the lines are pretty tough. I'm overly cautious since I lay frame, a blown line could get real serious for me.

Since you have air, you should find yourself an old air-horn too!

I gotta say, this is one of my favorite builds on RRR. Mostly because chopping up that year of vehicle ain't easy .... and ain't easy to get right.

Thanks for the kind words, I guess I'm getting kink of right [S
I was just thinking about a wolf whistle today, but an air horn might due, 40 yrs in the fire service you'd think I would have thought of that:eek:

I mounted my valves outside of the cab so I didn't have to hear the blow off from letting out the air. Not sure where your valves exit..... even with mufflers its still kind of loud.

I mounted my valves outside of the cab so I didn't have to hear the blow off from letting out the air. Not sure where your valves exit..... even with mufflers its still kind of loud.

didn't think about that[S i'll have to see now that most of the line are in place. I'm mostly deaf anyway :(

You could connect lines on the exhaust side of your valves so they dump out back somewhere - point them down so it blows a big dust cloud every time - bystanders would love that! :D

You could connect lines on the exhaust side of your valves so they dump out back somewhere - point them down so it blows a big dust cloud every time - bystanders would love that! :D

Sam you wouldn't be setting me up would ya [S Never having had a bagged car but my willys had downward pointed zoomies, when I fires it up next to one of those shinny things they got a little up set [S

Latest posts

Back