Went to see these this morning...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know where a five window 47 Chev is sitting. I cornered the guy one day when he was there. He wouldn't give me a price just wanted me to wait until next weekend to get a better look when he pulled the old girl out of the corner where it was at infested with yellow jackets.

That was last year, he still hasn't moved it. I drive by everyday waiting for him to be there again and I plan to make an offer.

Patience is a virtue.

Luckily it is hidden from view so I am not to worried about somebody else getting it.

Ok 455.... don't get all newbie on me....

la la la la ! I'm not hearing this conversation! La la la la[cl

I don't draw a weapon unless my person or anothers is threatened....but, you can dream can't ya??? LOL

Rat'ltrap.... he is a busy guy.... I know that... but you know how ya get focused on something and it seems to drag way too long... you're right... if it's meant to be it will be.... And apparently I have no Virtues.... at least regarding patience for this type of stuff.....:)

[QUOTE=sgtpontiac;... but you know how ya get focused on something and it seems to drag way too long...

just go to your happy place Sarge...take a deep breath, let it out slooowly...
in your minds eye visualize three junky old trucks making your nice home look like a junkyard...
feel the joy and know the law of attraction is working to make it happen..

got with the guy this morning.....

sgtpontiac;... but you know how ya get focused on something and it seems to drag way too long... just go to your happy place Sarge...take a deep breath said:
He wants 700 for the one with the flat head...its one of the F1's.... 700 for the stake truck and 500 for the F1 without the motor and door...about 2000 for the lot..... still a deal I guess..but now have to decide which one or all I want....maybe the check will work and I'll find 2000 lying around..LOL[cl

He is still in the process of securing them as aban'd

good titles?

Can't sell them until he has them in hand.... turned in the TR52's.. which is the paperwork for the aban vehicle here in MI.... said he will give me first whack at any and all before he advertises them..... so it's a matter of which one and what my wife tells me I can afford.....:eek:

Not being a Ford guy and as earthman has quite often stated..."Not having anything older than a 96 to work on".... I'll send photos of each so I can get the experts opinion on which one or one's I should consider.....

Anybody know anything about old Jag's.... guy called me today said he needed to get some cash and that his wife has an old Jag in the garage that once belonged to an ex husband..... didn't know the year or anything about it....said it ran when they parked it in the garage in 2004....floor boards are rusted out.....that is all he knew.... I will be looking at that tomorrow morning.... Not a Jag guy either....LOL[S

jags oooohhh noooooo

red flag sarge ...old jags are expensive and parts are expensive depending on the year like pre 95 the modules were made by lucas(prince of darkness) total nightmare some times wiring harnesses are cancerous ,,,but if its clean and kept i guess if the price is right ,,or if its just somthing u wanna turn into something else ,,,just beware jags eat your wallet ,,,,mike[ddd

sarge, there is a way to get the trucks tittled in mi without a title in hand just a bill of sale. i did it with my model a. it onlt cost $12 at sos. an old hot rodder told me hoe and its legal.[cl

Unfortunately, the seller has to have an approved...

sarge, there is a way to get the trucks tittled in mi without a title in hand just a bill of sale. i did it with my model a. it onlt cost $12 at sos. an old hot rodder told me hoe and its legal.[cl

TR52 from the state because they are not his and the owner is unknown / MIA.... so he had to apply thru the aban vehicle process to gain ownership of the vehicles..... if they were his and he had lost the titles or the seller was out of state then a bill of sale would suffice but he doesn't own them as of yet....that part is no big deal....plus being the upright law enforcement officer that I am....I should go about it by the numbers....LOL....:rolleyes:

when i tried to title my A the sos sent out a lady 1 of 2 in the state and told me she had to inspect my car and it had to be running, it also had to be restored or it would be titled as a kit car and what ever year motor was in it that is what it would be titled as. also would have to have all the safety items per that year, wipers, seatbelts ect. i didnt break the law just went a different way around to get the title. did not mean to offend a fine upstanding person such as yourself.:eek:

Absolutely no offense taken......

when i tried to title my A the sos sent out a lady 1 of 2 in the state and told me she had to inspect my car and it had to be running, it also had to be restored or it would be titled as a kit car and what ever year motor was in it that is what it would be titled as. also would have to have all the safety items per that year, wipers, seatbelts ect. i didnt break the law just went a different way around to get the title. did not mean to offend a fine upstanding person such as yourself.:eek:

just like to keep my integrity and ethics above board and beyond reproach....:D Then there is never a question as to whether or not I took advantage of my position....

just like to keep my integrity and ethics above board and beyond reproach....:D Then there is never a question as to whether or not I took advantage of my position....

Good Man! I hope you get the one you want most... at least. If your close to Arkansas I know where a few good trucks are.

I'm headed to Tenn. for Easter...

Good Man! I hope you get the one you want most... at least. If your close to Arkansas I know where a few good trucks are.

Going to be in the Rogersville / Bulls Gap area for a few days.... family stuff... but will be looking for something that might catch my eye... I've only been in your area (Arkansas) a few times... while I was in the Army.... many moons ago.... but if the opportunity ever arises, I'll give you a bump.....Thanks..of course there is always the emergency trip to grab a good deal....:D

Darn 4 dr sedan.... one ugly bugger... what a waste of time...

.......V12?

it was a 1957 4dr sedan... no floors...motor 6cyl was seized(wouldn't even turn by hand and transmission was in the trunk...nearly all the panels were dented and rusted through... missing trim, headlamp buckets and glass would need replacing...nothing I would ever consider.... waste of time driving there.....Even at 500 bucks it was no deal... I'm sure somebody somewhere would think it was salvagable....but not me...

I was hoping that it would be a long forgotten....

XKE with the v-12 motor.... so seeing this rotting hulk in the garage made me shutter.... I was probably a bit too hasty about it but when I offered him the 200 he would probably get for the scrap value.... he balked.... said he needed to have 500 to cover some "child support" issues.... I said good luck with that and bid a hasty retreat..... do you think I should reconsider? I'm not into old jags so I don't have clue what they might or might not have.... I will try to find a photo of a 57 Jag like this one.... I didn't think to take any photos with my brand new camera phone..... ok found one on cars on line that is far better shape than the one I looked at.. they want 1700 for this one....

Attachments

• 57jag31011-1.jpg
    57jag31011-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back