would you consider this a rat rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... I have a 4 door.... I didn't realize. Dang. Guess maybe I'll try my hand at sewing quilts or something.....:(

4 doors trying to be 2 doors are not cool. Be what you is, not what you is not. ;)

Mine has more doors too Sam! Come on over and you and I can start a quilt while we sit in our rockers and watch the "cool" cars go by my front porch!.[P.....CR

ratrod/leadslead

dorp it dont paint it put a good rear end, manual line lock,AN find the biggest big block u can find an install it make it a burnout machine then we can have a burnout contest[dr

Attachments

• DSC03100.jpg
    DSC03100.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 11
OK START UP THE WAYBACK MACHINE[P 1977, 30 ESSEX COUPE ON A 55 CHEVY FRAME 283 POWERGLIDE MADE FROM JUNKYARD PARTS{IN PRIMER }SO WHAT DO YOU CALL IT:confused:

brad, back in 1977, in this area, we would have called it a "pile".:) Today, it's a rat rod. Depending on how safely it was built, it could be a decent rat rod or a junk rod.

Last edited:
Kinda like people who have 4 door cars, they really want them to be cool, but they just never will.

i have a 53 chevy 4 door and i love that thing, i think its cool as fu*k and i dont care if any one else thinks its cool or not(btw every one i see when im driving it tells me its cool lol)
and my buddy has a 54 chrysler new yorker 4 door and that thing is bad A$$.
any car can be made to look awsome it just takes some creativity and imagination
thats just like people who talk crap about fiberglass cars. who cares if its fiberglass and not original...
so if i have a 4 door can i come hang out with you guys on the porch CR55 and sam lol it seems i dont fit in with the cool crowd sence my car has too many doors on it lol

11-2.jpg

Speaking of 4 doors, here's my son's chopped '49 Plymouth 4 door. I think it's pretty cool. It was chopped in 1967. BTW, the wheels have been changed since this pic was taken.

schine, I like that wagon a lot. If it was for sale locally, I'd be very tempted. Don't let the fact that it is a wagon stop you.

11-2.jpg

Speaking of 4 doors, here's my son's chopped '49 Plymouth 4 door. I think it's pretty cool. It was chopped in 1967. BTW, the wheels have been changed since this pic was taken.

schine, I like that wagon a lot. If it was for sale locally, I'd be very tempted. Don't let the fact that it is a wagon stop you.

wow that 49 i ausome i have a 49 but without the front fenders hood and top somebody made a homemade converable out of it i never though that car had that much potential

well, so my stepdad came, and so he told me that his friend has a rat, so i was exited, i wanted to go and take a peek at the rat,u know, expecting a z frame, low body pickuo cab with a huge v8 and a random grill or something, oh surprise, waht i found was a mid 50 4 door chevy sedan over a caprice body, and i was...disappointed to be honest, so the question is, would ya call something like that "rat rod"?

something like this, but running, is a rat rod? or they have another name?
i saw a post that called them rust runners, does anybody know something about tha?
807_40_1644---Rusty-Old-Car_web.jpg

Okay, so, just for giggles...Do any of our reallly smart car historians know what make this machine is?[S

I can usually tell by just looking at the corner of a fender, or a taillight, but this one's got me sayin' WTF!?![S My first guess would be Nash or Hudson...?

4-doors and wagons have always been cool, IMO. The next-best thing to a truck for carting around crap. Then again, I drive a minivan and I think that's cool, too!

Regards,
Shea:)

dorp it dont paint it put a good rear end, manual line lock,AN find the biggest big block u can find an install it make it a burnout machine then we can have a burnout contest[dr

dont see that much of a possibility, i live in Mexico, if somebody invites me over to the US, i´ll go with a smile on my face ...haha

Latest posts

Back