Just curious!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
How does everyone feel about the NSRA upping the limit to 1980 cars for 2010 at all of their events? I for one let my membership expire this spring.:mad:.......CR

How does everyone feel about the NSRA upping the limit to 1980 cars for 2010 at all of their events? I for one let my membership expire this spring.:mad:.......CR

I knew they raised it but 1980? I heard membership & participation was off so they decided to make this new move. Probably just backfire on them. :eek:

Beercan

I'm not a member so my opinion is meaningless.........but since you asked I'll give it anyway. I don't agree with it at all. I think opening up the year threshold to 1980 is a bad idea. It's not that I have anything against later model cars, but I liked the idea of an organization with events/shows that were exclusive to pre-49 vehicles.

Bill nailed it there. There were a whole lot of folks I talked to over the weekend that feel the same way. Even my 23 yr old daughter thinks they're messing with something they shouldn't.

It's all about greed. Most promoters will do whatever they think will make a buck and don't care about the members feelings. Thats why I don't join organizations like that. Guess all you can do is drop your membership and move on, maybe Goodguys?

:mad:

I can't decide if I'm going to boycot next year or show up in a really ugly 1979 something-or-other.

I think not giving the entry fee money is small compared to the visual impact of a "protest car".

I can't decide if I'm going to boycot next year or show up in a really ugly 1979 something-or-other.

QUOTE]

I like that idea. Get a coughing, wheezing $300 1980 Ford Fairmont wagon or similar and roll up with it. "Hey man, its got a 255 V-8 so that makes it a street rod, let me in"

Latest posts

Back