volksrod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeV

Here are some pic's of what my brother and I are building. I'm into hot rods, rat rods, and Volkswagens. Thought I might combine them into one car and annoy a few neighbors in the process. We're still in the process of building the frame and mocking everything up

STP62431.jpg

STP62441.jpg

volksrod.jpg

Info: Donor vehicles: 1969 VW bug, 1978 Chevy 2500 2wd

32 ford straight front axle, spring behind (trailer spring), need manual rack
Trying to figure out front brakes.(has OG ford cable brakes)
14bolt rear end from chevy, SBC 350, 350 auto trans

Frame material: 2x4" .120 wall steel, Front and rear Z's
Rear suspension coil over spring, to be changed to airbags as $$ permits

Anyone know which vacuum lines we can plug on the carb? this was a CA truck so we are removing miles of hoses (and air pump, Power steering, exhaust flapper valve etc..)

Last edited:
Always been a big VW fan. My Dad was a VW mechanic and I have a VW tat! Anyways, Im lovin the looks of this. Should be a beast wen it gets done! RR

ps U choppin the top any? RR

Very cool! [cl[cl[cl

Anxious to see how it all comes together, keep posting your progress. [P

BTW, Speedway makes a disk brake kit that fits that axle, uses 73’-78’ Ford ½ ton truck rotors that will fit the wheels you have (I’m assuming they are the 5 on 5-1/2”).

Vacuum lines on a 78 - probably doesn't 'need' any of it except the vacuum advance to the dizzy.

Way cool project!

Way kool dude!!! I love crazy VDubs... here's one fer ya!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• Front engine VW.jpg
    Front engine VW.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 151
i would keep that remaining frame material sticking out and throw an itty bitty bed on the back :)

are you keeping the front with no hood or fenders? pls say yes pls say yes!

I'm not sure about doing a bed on it...though the front end will not have a hood or fenders....

@ LarryH: we will be furnishing hot dogs once finished... =) Am trying to fab cutouts into the pipes that can be operated from inside the car...

@ junker39: I dig what you got going on. I figured it would be easier to build a frame from scratch than try and modify the 3/4 Ton Chevy frame....

Latest posts

Back