Huge auction in OK

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the ones on the original link....probably came from the auctioneer.

Attachments

• oldcarsOK.jpg
    oldcarsOK.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 24
  • oldtrucksOK.jpg
    oldtrucksOK.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26
  • coolpicgarage.jpg
    coolpicgarage.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 24
She has done auctions around here. First class all the way.

Pardon my skepticism, as I have never been to one of their auctions, but they did the Lambrecht auction last year and I was less than impressed with the way they dealt with the barn find vehicles in the videos. They may be a class act, but it seemed like they didn't care at all about the cares, just the dollars.

Pardon my skepticism, as I have never been to one of their auctions, but they did the Lambrecht auction last year and I was less than impressed with the way they dealt with the barn find vehicles in the videos. They may be a class act, but it seemed like they didn't care at all about the cares, just the dollars.

That's what it's all about snopro. $$$$
If people were concerned about the cars, guys like us would be in charge of the auctions and then there wouldn't be any old car auctions.:D

That Cord in the one pic is going to bring in some BIG bucks.
Torchie.

That's what it's all about snopro. $$$$
If people were concerned about the cars, guys like us would be in charge of the auctions and then there wouldn't be any old car auctions.:D

That Cord in the one pic is going to bring in some BIG bucks.
Torchie.

Exactly! One thing that really turned me off was they has a low-mile original paint '62 Impala (and others) that they were putting hubcaps on the hood and trunk lids to display. Made me sick.

Yeah, I spotted that Cord too, that's going to be a big money car but a cool find!

I spotted a Lincoln fender in one of the pics, wonder what other Lincoln parts might be there? And something up top says rare aluminum Lincoln, wonder what that is? :confused:

Too far for me to go, though.....

Exactly! One thing that really turned me off was they has a low-mile original paint '62 Impala (and others) that they were putting hubcaps on the hood and trunk lids to display. Made me sick.

Yeah, I spotted that Cord too, that's going to be a big money car but a cool find!

Those cars were treated that way their whole life, when they opened the garage they had crap piled all over them. Doesn't make any excuse, but I guess if you want to find things wrong you can. I go to auctions all the time and in my opinion, they run them better than any others I go to. Faults to find? Sure, I've never been to an auction that I couldn't see things that needed done better. Last one of hers they did here, the crowd was a throng and all the lookeeloos, who never bid, crowded up front so you had to just bully your way up to see what was getting sold. They should have just numbered the parts lots and made everyone set down when they sold them.

It's not too far from me so I already have it on my calendar.
I'm a tech for Kuryakyn and do bike rallies for them and I don't leave for Laconia Bike Week till after June 7th

Those cars were treated that way their whole life, when they opened the garage they had crap piled all over them. Doesn't make any excuse, but I guess if you want to find things wrong you can. I go to auctions all the time and in my opinion, they run them better than any others I go to. Faults to find? Sure, I've never been to an auction that I couldn't see things that needed done better. Last one of hers they did here, the crowd was a throng and all the lookeeloos, who never bid, crowded up front so you had to just bully your way up to see what was getting sold. They should have just numbered the parts lots and made everyone set down when they sold them.

That doesn't mean they have to further deteriorate the condition of the cars... I agree with you but I just hate that kind of thing, they're advertising them as rare original cars after digging them out of the rubble, and then they pile sharp hupcaps on the original cars... uh, duh? :confused:

That doesn't mean they have to further deteriorate the condition of the cars... I agree with you but I just hate that kind of thing, they're advertising them as rare original cars after digging them out of the rubble, and then they pile sharp hupcaps on the original cars... uh, duh? :confused:

Yeah, probably not the best. I watched about 20 minutes of video and didn't see them piling any hubcaps. It probably bothers me a lot more that the owner parked brand new pickups out in the pasture like some old used up farm truck or that he left the Cameo in a falling down hanger.

Yeah, probably not the best. I watched about 20 minutes of video and didn't see them piling any hubcaps. It probably bothers me a lot more that the owner parked brand new pickups out in the pasture like some old used up farm truck or that he left the Cameo in a falling down hanger.

True, not the smartest moves.

Latest posts

Back