1936 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i got the rest of the bottom of the cab welded up, painted with SEM's Rustshield, seam sealed and then a coat of rattle can bed liner. My camera battery was dead so i didn't get a pic, and i already set it back upright. I got the rest of the frame, engine mounts welded up as well. Had to give my shock mounts back to my machinist for a little trimming, then get them welded up. I'm torn on what to do as far as paint for the frame. I'd like it to look as rusty/natural as i can. What do you guys do to achieve that?

I've been pokin' along on this ol thing. Need to figure what i want to do with the frame as far as paint. Any suggestions? I'd like it to be all rusty looking, but then something tells me to paint up the chassis and leave the cab.

Hey Ty,
I'm going to use the Rustoleum Hammered Metal paint. I've attached a picture...they have it at Lowes and Home Depot for a good price.

-Troy

Attachments

• IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 65
Yeah, i was checking that out in your build Troy. That would look great, also if i do ever paint the truck a suede navy blue.

I like your build, its looking good. After you put the new floor in your cab do the doors just hange below it and shut against it? The cab I have is pretty bad on the bottom and I think I can just cut it off and start over. After the floor is welded in there really isn't a need to make a rocker panel?[S

Well i got the brake line tabs welded tonight. Ready to start bending some brake lines now. Hopefully get the frame painted before Christmas gets here. Then i can get the engine/trans/cab all mounted up and free up some space.

Well i finally got an update worth posting pics for.
christmas2011022.jpg

I still have to paint the shock mounts. Gonna use the same color as the axle.
christmas2011023.jpg

Front brake lines are done as well.
christmas2011021.jpg

Need some more clips to mount the rear brake lines to the frame yet, and some brake parts to finish the rears.

Cool truck, stance is right on, It's true, ya can teach an ole dogs new tricks. [cl I've learned some new ones from ur thread,,keep up the good work

Looking good Ty![cl Keep the pictures coming. Looking forward to seeing this thing on the road.

-Troy

Thanks Troy.

Now I'm in a pickle about to paint the cab or not too. My 5 year old wants me to paint it. The drivers door is in need of a full skin almost. Do i just paint over it as it is or do all body work and paint it a suede. navy blue? Come on guys, help me out. I'm the fence about it.

Nice work. I'd go with the kids and paint it.... But where does it end? Tuck and roll, chrome ect.[cl

Well i got all the brake lines ran and mounted along with the fuel line as well. Went ahead and replaced the oil pan gaskets while the engine was out. Also went ahead and changed the intake to an Edelbrock i had in the shed. Drilled the front of it and installed a oil filler tub for a nostalgic look. Should have the engine/trans back in tomorrow night, then i can run the trans lines. Thinking of located the trans cooler in back. Would it need a fan or just the air from under keep it cool enough though?

Latest posts

Back