1949 AD-kota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the truck out of the garage after the storms went through this morning. The only plan for the day was maybe play some golf. Didn't get there, started playing with the truck.

Installed the headliner
WP_000630_zps2dqxkvtw.jpg

The windlace around the doors
WP_000631_zpsqhpsvmlq.jpg

an mp3 jack
WP_000632_zpskn3jngnt.jpg

Added an antenna
WP_000629_zpsxldexupu.jpg

put on the door cards
WP_000633_zpssdbvr0wc.jpg

Last week I applied for collector plates and have the temporary permit in the window. Today I found out my insurance (full coverage) started, was only supposed to be comp til July. So I took a quick half mile run with it before putting it away. The trans is a little off, hope it's just a little low.

awesome looks

love the final stance. if trans fluid is up,,then double check tvs cable to tranny if it has one,,or vacuum module if older trans.
thankyou for posting your build, inspirational to many I am sure.

Todd, the care and skill you exhibited when building the truck should give you the confidence to drive it any distance. Looks perfect just the way it is.

Took the wife for a ride in the truck. She is still a little nervous. Got the New Vintage speedo programed today, very easy. Then took a drive out to my buddy Mark's place. Got a few gremlins to look for. Thinking I may have been spoiled by OD and the TH350 is gonna be like an old truck on the highway.

Verified the the rear ratio today. Changed out the t-stat, wasn't sure it was working, dropped in a 160. Also changed to a 7 lb cap. Got a lead on an early 5 lug dakota axle with a 2.94 ratio. Going to have to look at the accelerator, not sure if I'm getting max travel.

Thanks guys

Took today off for some truck time. Got door bumpers, wiper tower gaskets and a glove box from classic this morning. All is installed. Did front brakes, new rotors, bearings, seals, calipers, hoses and pads. Also put in a mini tach under the dash. Damn, that sounds like a lot for a day.

I needed to cover the factory holes in the firewall as all the heat coming in was worse than the weather we've been having. Went to a local fab shop to pick up some brushed aluminum, a 12"X12" piece and another 3"X21". Here is what I came up with.....

WP_000651_zps9efbukhc.jpg

WP_000652_zpstkruldsg.jpg

Along with miscellaneous stainless fasteners from Fastenal and riv-nuts, a $20 upgrade on a Saturday morning.

Sunday I took it for a drive through the country looking at the corn crops, 20 miles of smiles :D

Last night I went for a 60 mile cruise in the country, drove by 4 different town halls. Got home and decided to adjust the headlights. When I pulled out the knob the retaining nut let loose. I knew the threads were weak when I put it in. Today I found a 3/8-24 bolt and made the replacement on the lathe.

WP_000655_zpsq1kqxdu9.jpg

WP_000656_zpswfy2svzg.jpg

Looks like the old one, works better.

Still playing with carb. Found the bolts weren't very tight, snugged them up then painted the air cleaner lid.

Before
WP_000652_zpstkruldsg.jpg

After, with gray hammer tone like the interior.
WP_000703_zpsu96e7mbt.jpg

Latest posts

Back