1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear ya got the old magic box back in order. Are you still sleeping better with that device you tried?

I seem to be smallfoot. That's mostly what tomorrows sleep over will determine. Then when I get done on Wed. morning it's off to the wound care Dr to see how the stump is shaping up. Being out of my leg for almost 2 weeks has really effected the strength in my other leg and now that I am walking again I have to build that one back up. Some days it seems like this **** never ends.:rolleyes:
Hard to believe how even a low tech guy like me has come to rely upon the computer. [S
It's a whole new world out there........
Torchie.

Hey Torchie,

Progress is looking good! Hopefully you get to feeling better real soon. At least if you cant get out to the shop to tinker with truck you can still get your hot rod fix on the computer. Its certainly not like the real thing but i find it to be a good motivator. Best Wishes.

-Chris

Hey Torchie,

Progress is looking good! Hopefully you get to feeling better real soon. At least if you cant get out to the shop to tinker with truck you can still get your hot rod fix on the computer. Its certainly not like the real thing but i find it to be a good motivator. Best Wishes.

-Chris

It may have to suffice for now Chris....And thanks for the good wishes.
Back from the Drs and the leg store. Sore on the stump has opened up again plus old peg leg busted again = more time in the chair.
On the plus side the building of the new leg is progressing and fits real well.[cl Should be ready next week. The down side is that the new foot on the new leg works better than my real foot on my real leg so I kind of limp.......:eek:
Still got to figure all that out.[S
I want to get the rear end together and back under the frame and out of the way so that I can get both cars back in the garage before the snow really comes. I guess that will all have to wait till next week.
Torchie.

Way to keep going torchie. I think that snow may be joshing with ya, it may not come at all !!

Woke up to snow again this morning. Mother nature never jokes around.....;)

Sorry to hear things are not progressing with things as you would like.
I hope you heal quicker, and soon! I need some progress pics =)

You and me both Dr. Lots of things that need to get done besides the project and the weather is starting to close in around us here.:eek:
Plus I must admit to going a little stir crazy this time around. Can only wear my old leg to transfer out of the chair and new one isn't finished yet.
Hopefully I will get a call from the leg guys sometime next week.
Thanks for the good thoughts....
Torchie.

Hey Torchie, We got winter here today:(, No surprise i guess but sure makes the bones ache! Hope all is well.

Snow turned to rain here today gold so everything is a mess right now.
No progress to report on the project or the new leg I'm afraid.
So I'm still in the chair.
On a funnier note ....
Went to the Drs office today and got stuck in the bathroom in my wheel chair.:eek: Good thing the nurse came looking for me.......:D
One real handicap bathroom in the entire building and it was 3 floors down from his office. Once in the exam room the nurse took my blood pressure, looked at me and said."We will try that again at the end of your visit".
Hoping to hear from the leg shop soon..........
Thanks for bearing with me........
Torchie.

The prosthetic business is a bit of an art form in itself. Good shops are hard to find.

My Grandmother was a amputee and she didn't get her first leg until she was thirty years old. I remember how much trouble it was when it wore out or wasn't fitting correct.

Hope you're on your feet soon.

The prosthetic business is a bit of an art form in itself. Good shops are hard to find.

My Grandmother was a amputee and she didn't get her first leg until she was thirty years old. I remember how much trouble it was when it wore out or wasn't fitting correct.

Hope you're on your feet soon.

You got it right gold. And I trust my guys implicitly.:D
Of all the legs that I have had this is the first one to cause a problem with the stump. It's 2 years old and I have lost some weight as well as the fact that my real leg is not as good as it used to be so I have been walking funnier than usual.:eek:
Won't be long now though..........[cl[cl
Torchie.

Progress of a sort.........

Just got home from the leg store.
New leg. New foot and a new shoe.:D But still the same old rest of me.[S
Now time to get out of the chair and get used to walking on it.
Thanks for looking in.......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 34
Torchie I hope you get it to fit like it needs to.. That way you can get back on your project and have some fun . I guess y'all still have the snow up there .. ?

All I know is we've only had a week or so of cold or very cool weather , and I'm ready for spring already :)

That leg looks a little smooth. You must've shaved.
:rolleyes:

Seriously though, the truck is looking great.

If I had been thinking I would have had the reciever done in a dark color and then I could have laid some pinstripes on it

Torchie I hope you get it to fit like it needs to.. That way you can get back on your project and have some fun . I guess y'all still have the snow up there .. ?

All I know is we've only had a week or so of cold or very cool weather , and I'm ready for spring already :)

Still have the snow Yankee. Already had to plow the driveway twice. County finally got our dirt road plowed as well. More expected thru next week.
New receiver feels great so far and once I get used to walking in it and my back gets sorted out from some much sitting it's out to the shop.[cl [cl :D
Torchie.

Just got home from the leg store.
New leg. New foot and a new shoe.:D But still the same old rest of me.[S
Now time to get out of the chair and get used to walking on it.
Thanks for looking in.......
Torchie.
Good looking piece of equipment there, T. Just needs to get some patina going on it, and it will look just right. :D

Flames???

Latest posts

Back