1967 International 1300b - Slow but productive.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if it were me, I would try and build a dove tail out of this.........

But that is probably because I want a hauler rig......

Can't wait to see how this turns out!!![P

I think if it were me, I would try and build a dove tail out of this.........

But that is probably because I want a hauler rig......

Can't wait to see how this turns out!!![P

If I had something to haul or could make money doing it, I totally would.

My current daily driver (06 Chevy 1500 4wd) is no where near tow capable. Therefore, tihs will be getting a hitch in the rear in the odd chance I want/need to tow something!

I've never seen a dovetail sell for much more than scrap price on ebay. Any one I've ever seen wher eht guy was demanding a good price...never sold it.
good only for hauling a set of wheels around worthless for anything else.
When i see a dovetail truck i see a pita. way too heavy, hard to get under to work on, cant do anything with it but haul a car.
A plain old flatbed would be much more useful and you'd be able to sell it if you had to
Want to haul a car on it? get a hoist and make it tilt.
And your going to have to stretch the frame regardless if you want to haul cars on it
it might seem like a convenience having a specially built rig but you can't beat a palin old truck with a tow dolly or a car trailer.
besides plates for a trailer are so damn cheap
And as long as your trailer is plated and you can have a trailer parked at your house...
you can store an unlicensed project on it without getting the nuissance patrol all up in your shorts because your trailer is 100% legal and nuissance ordinances cannot see what's on a legal trailer.

A diesel in that will be awesome. Just as a thought lots of old school busses came with international v8s. We have one for work that we bought the whole bus for somewhere around 2000. Its non turbo but it runs great and sounds great and cheap to work on. Also, a nice heavy flatbed on there would look awesome in my opinion. I'm wishing thats what I would have done on mine.

A diesel in that will be awesome. Just as a thought lots of old school busses came with international v8s. We have one for work that we bought the whole bus for somewhere around 2000. Its non turbo but it runs great and sounds great and cheap to work on. Also, a nice heavy flatbed on there would look awesome in my opinion. I'm wishing thats what I would have done on mine.

2000 might be quite out of my budget...I'd love it if someone around me was doing a build and wanted other parts off it haha id pay for the just the motor!

For some reason when we were texting about your truck I was thinking Ford...haha. Never mind about what I said about the front, when you get the wheels off one day post a picture of the front end so we can see how it's made. Oh and the welding machine, is it a stick machine? Depending on what you want to do you may want bigger than a 90 amp, I would say around the 200-250 area if possible. A wire machine might be a good choice too.

If I had something to haul or could make money doing it, I totally would.

My current daily driver (06 Chevy 1500 4wd) is no where near tow capable. Therefore, tihs will be getting a hitch in the rear in the odd chance I want/need to tow something!

Chicken. I haul with my 96 K1500. Just have to be smart about it. Been towing with that truck for 9 years and it is still on its ORIGINAL motor and trans at 174,000 (knock on wood). She had me scared a couple days ago that she might have been knocking but turns out it is just the cat.

Torchmann I understand what you are saying about a pain to work on, but if you haul a lot of cars and such I don't think a dedicated rig is that bad. Besides have you ever been to a show and seen an awesome looking dovetail with a sweet rat/hot rod sitting on the back?

Tecster sorry for hijacking your thread

For some reason when we were texting about your truck I was thinking Ford...haha. Never mind about what I said about the front, when you get the wheels off one day post a picture of the front end so we can see how it's made. Oh and the welding machine, is it a stick machine? Depending on what you want to do you may want bigger than a 90 amp, I would say around the 200-250 area if possible. A wire machine might be a good choice too.

I'll get a picture when I go over to work on her in the near future, I just picked up teh following parts:

- Wheel Cylinder Rebuild Kit
- Shoes
- Hardware

Fun story, went to the local Autozone looking for some large U-Bolts for my rear end, pulled in saw a baby blue nice restored Ford 4door. Walked in and saw an older guy at the counter, I dealt with him and explained my dilemma, long story short he gave me the name and number to a local guy he's friends with who has a bunch of Internationals at his shop!

Few updates, got the passenger side rear all buttoned up...only to realize that I'm going to have to change the wheel cylinders and brake lines so I ordered both from RockAuto and have them on the way then I'll have to disassemble the passenger side again (GRRRRRR) which was a pain in the arse the first time.

I took some leafs out to lower her, got some custom u bolts and nuts for a great price and put new hardware in the in the shackles and hangers grade 8 for that matter.

Ugh. Well I've gotten the damn brakes some what near completion - beyond frustrated wit them though because I can't seem to get things right! The damn adjuster spring doesn't want to stretch to fit. Also, the hold down pins that I got didn't seem long enough, so I got longer ones - well I'm having a hell of a time with believing they are right... I'm really starting to get annoyed.

When did Ford first come up with the DRW with Disc Brakes?

Success! Finally have the rear end back together and can't be happier to see how she sits on all 4 rears. Had some slight fighting with the drums sliding back on but with some persuasion with my friend Mr.Mini Sludge got the job done.

After some measurements, I went from the frame sitting about 2 1/2 - 3 feet of clearance to 1 foot in the rear and 9 inches in the front. I'm a fan of how she looks as of right now now its just time to button up the brakes, I had to cut a brake line to get a new wheel cylinder in there so I'm going to hopefully just have to replace that one section. Then I've gotta get the new master in there after bench bleeding it.

img1079mf.jpg

Made some really good headway on the brake system today - I got the new master bench bled and installed and the brake system is completely hooked up. All that's left is to bleed them, the girlfriend will be helping with that!

Next is to tackle the clutch master and get that section all set. After that comes install of a battery, new fluids, and a carb rebuild and she SHOULD run!

Hmmm where to begin, ran into a huge issue when bleeding the brakes, I blew a line up front and also came to the horrible realization that the wheel cylinders up front were garbage so, replaced those along with the hardware and the new brake line up front and it seems to be okay - haven't gotten to bleed them yet though.

New clutch master is in and looking pretty, I had a fight with it one day and gave up, worked on something else - the next day came in and won the battle. Damn thing, haha all mounted up and looking fresh. I also decided to do axle over leaf setup to lower the front and boy am I in love with it, had to get new U-bolts but they were custom made grade 8 and only $26.00 - getting up there on the budget but she's getting there. Floor will get welded in on Monday for an awesome price of a 12pack for a friend who welds for a living...can't beat that.

Unfortunately I broke a wheel stud so I'll be needing to install new ones eventually before she goes on the road. Now, for the pictures!

That sweet bomb is really looking good tecster and as I stated before you'll have yours running long before I have mine going ...BTW I decided to go with L/R110 differential and front brake parts ( I found out they use the same measurements on the spindles so a bit of fabbing [;) and all should be groovy)!This also means no more searching for seemingly impossible to find parts.:cool:

I really dig the internationals. May have missed it but are you gonna run it with a bed on it? Looks really good.

I really dig the internationals. May have missed it but are you gonna run it with a bed on it? Looks really good.

I don't think I said it but eventually, going to quite possibly put a flat bed on it because it already has a PTO dump arm, we'll see though!

Alright so I'm back with a big update... little news.

The girlfriend and I bought a house with a nice one car garage where the beast is currently housed. The downfall is I have no tools, I didn't really have money for tools due to being stretched thin. Now I free'ed up some money and am in the process of buying parts and building the binder.

I made the mistake of letting a "friend" take my original carb and clean it and rebuild it...well after 3 months of it being MIA I started hounding him for it and he told me he "lost" it... How do you lose a carb!? So now I went on the hunt for a Holley 1904 1bbl for a BG241, thought it'd be easy - folks said hey it's pretty common... well luckily for me I have the rare one - the common one is the 2 3/4 o/c measurement one...well I have the 3" on center one. I spoke to a gentlemen who specializes in these carbs and he has seen 1 in 4 years - awesome.

So that's where I'm stuck, finding a carb that works for it and trying to get the motor fired up.

Latest posts

Back