31 chev 5 window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cowl steering hooked up, cross steer hooked up and trunk handle

Attachments

• front cross steer.jpg
    front cross steer.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 84
  • trunk handle.jpg
    trunk handle.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 77
  • cowl steering 1.jpg
    cowl steering 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 86
I was working on the trunk sheet metal tonight.
Happy new years to everyone!!

Attachments

• trunk sheet metal 1.jpg
    trunk sheet metal 1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 44
  • trunk sheet metal 2.jpg
    trunk sheet metal 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
  • trunk sheet metal 3.jpg
    trunk sheet metal 3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 36
You may want to tie the upper and lower hair pin rods together at the shock mount. You may find the shock mounted to just the lower bar alone will cause it to flex quite a bit and posibly fail down the road. just my $.02 [P

You may want to tie the upper and lower hair pin rods together at the shock mount. You may find the shock mounted to just the lower bar alone will cause it to flex quite a bit and posibly fail down the road. just my $.02 [P
I agree on the load on one bar, but this looks like a four-link set-up to me. So tying the two bars together isn't going to work out well either.

The shock mounts are way cool looking sitting way back there, but it also looks to me like they need to move forward so the shocks can hook up to the axle. Some traditional styling pretty much stays that way for a reason.

Or am I missing something here. [S

OOPS, My bad. I just looked at the top of the page, and they are hairpins for sure. That said, it still seems like a lot of stress on a light part of the suspension. Even with the two bars tied together, which would help.

Last edited:
roof skin tacked in [;) can't wait for the day I install the 31x41 canvas!

Attachments

• roof skin 1.jpg
    roof skin 1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
  • roof skin 2.jpg
    roof skin 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 30
  • roof skin 3.jpg
    roof skin 3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • roof skin 4.jpg
    roof skin 4.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 33
Nice work on the Chevy. If I was rich I'd fly up there and make you give me a ride when it's done.

Love the body manufacturer's brass tag on the cowl.

Latest posts

Back