A fordor A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that right there is a sexy color. It looked good in primer, but that sets it off I think. Can't wait to see the end result after the top half is done... Looks great.

Out in the garage today.....got the car off the ol' roll around cart!!!

Went thru the rear end (new brake shoes, drums, cylinders...ect).

Painted it up, bent some new brake lines (I hate and suck at that!).

Installed the rear and 4-link, coil-overs, panhard into car!!!

Still have to tighten up the rear suspension hardware..but it on there!!

PAinted all the wheels BLACK as well.

Also started putting together the front end....I'm worn out so will continue that tomorrow!

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the replies!!!

I do not like exposed rust like many of the rat rods we see....My car is still a LOW BUDGET build (around $5K)...but can't call it a rat anymore (to darn clean!)...more of an ol' hotrod instead.

The color I owe thanks to my wife for choosing...That color (whatever it is---mix of flat black and sunrise red Rustoleum) "FITS" the car soo well!!! Being that it is a semigloss finish, dings in the body, some of the "CHOP" welds not ground down.....it looks like a car you would find sitting covered in a barn that got parked 40 years ago!! So glad it didn't go FLAT BLACK like I was originally! (maybe the next project!)

Anyway...

Out in the garage on/off today.....got the entire front end pretty much wrapped up...few more items to install and adjustment to make...but have to wait until I get the engine and tranny put in(maybe next week).

After putting some of the front end back together....I noticed that it looks like I should put a cross bar/headlight bar between the two headlight/shock mounts...just to add some rigidity....So I checked thru the scraps of metal and found a piece of round tubing that would work just fine...cut it, installed it.....didn't like it!

What else can I use....then I saw the ol' small block stock cam that I took out of a 305 Camaro a couple years ago...why I saved it..NO CLUE...but it's off my shelf now!

I gave it a good scrubbing. Made up a couple of extensions to give me the width I needed and WALA! Custom headlight bar! ...Gave it some "RUST" protection by spraying some clear coat (Rustoleum...what else!) on it. I didn't want to paint it, but didn't want it to rust up either...this way here it looks like a freshly removed cam.

Lets see....what else did I do...Oh...one of everyones fun things to do....Bending brake line!!! Front end is all plumbed up from master to caliper.....the rear is half done..gotta get a few brake fittings tomorrow

Just going to work my way from front to back as much as the "ASSEMBLY" lets me...

Here are a few photos I took today (sorry CAMERA PHONE QUALITY!)

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 38
every thing looks great man.. i really like how the paint ended up

Rolled her outside yesterday so I could clean up the garage!

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 47
Busy day in the shop today!!!

Tranny is in!

Engine is in!

Radiator is in!

Grill shell is on!

Headlights are on!

ohhhh you get the point!! Here are the pics! :)

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 49
Congrats, that thing looks awesome. I need to get a new keyboard now as this one got wet somehow... (insert drooly smile) I really like how the grill turned out the copper pipe really sets it off with the color of the car.

Latest posts

Back