a really cool OT contract job

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

so i got a call last from Mr. Gusset, siad his boss was needing some fender skirts made for a 2013 suburban. i didnt quite understand why or what he was really needing. so he hired me to leave the shop for a few days and come work at his shop. when i got there i was blown away. the shop is Patrick engineering inc. the owner and operator of the Samson monster truck. the suburbans he was talking about are monster trucks in the making lol. so i made some wheel well skirts to make the wheel opening match the wheels . i dont have any pics of them finished yet, since my part is finished, but will post pics of them after paint. hope this thread doesnt get deleted like it did on killbillet lol

DSCN6589.jpg

DSCN6588.jpg

DSCN6590.jpg

made some wooded forms, and hammer formed the the basic shape, then hammered, dollied, shrank, and english wheeled them the fit the contour of the body. had to make 8 total, for the pair of matching suburbans

21915_10152110776540021_2089341905_n.jpg

12112_10152110777830021_285764909_n.jpg

DSCN6584.jpg

the view from my work area

DSCN6585.jpg

2k horse blown, injected hemi

DSCN6586.jpg

Cool stuff Mike..........glad I got to see it before it gets deleted. :rolleyes:

How can anything dealing with metal shaping not be conducive to a car forum [S Especially when it's of your caliber!

Nice work. I hope this doesnt get deleted, at least til I get home to show my son. He digs the monster trucks.

very nice work as always, looks like they will be fun when done!

MAN in MOTION!

Hey Mike, here is the Motion Picture I took of you! LOL
Thanks for coming to the shop this week!:D
The guys and myself enjoyed having you there and they were impressed with your work as well![cl
I'll get some pics of the Suburbans as we finish them.I welded up the 4-link bars and we have the axles under to measure the driveshafts![;) It won't be long now![P

Gotta work tomorrow too! CHRUNCH TIME ! Gotta ship to Moscow the 20th!:eek:

Attachments

• mike wagner.jpg
    mike wagner.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 45
Me thinks you are going to get a ton of contract work

The word is getting out and you my friend are in demand.....very nice as usual....very nice!!!

Pretty darn cool. Now that your on your way to being famous, I'm glad I bought a Cornfield T shirt when I did....won't be able to afford one two weeks from now!!;):D

Latest posts

Back