Anyones neighbor ever.....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbors dont mind but I keep the car and parts in the garage like our village says we have to. One guy a couple houses down likes my car and keeps tabs on my progress or lack there of:(.

neighbors

All of my neighbors are older and I help them when I see they need it, shovel snow, move there trash cans, and even work on there cars, they like my old cars, I keep the front and sides of my house nice, but in the back behind the fence its a small parking lot that the neighbors and THE MAN can't see, no inop. cars in plain sight law, ever thing in sight has to have tags, and the only way to get tags is have insurance on it, if you get caught without insurance they take your licence and charge you $ 500 for evey car with tags, or you have to get what they call instant sr-22 signed risk and pay the policy up for 3 years in advance before they will give you back your licence, gotta love government

I've actually met quite a few of the neighborhood folks as they walk by the open garage door and want to see what I'm building. No complaints yet which is amazing b/c you know how obnoxious grinders are.

I don't think they appreciate my beater pickup parked outside all the time covered in pollen and bird poop but oh well.

i had a buddy of mine back in california that had a 8ft wall surrounding his yard to cover his stash of old iron. one day he caught a police officer standing on his patrol car looking over the wall , next thing he was served with a notice to clean it up or face a stiff fine. this was the reason i moved to arkansas to live in the country

i think putting the cars on property lin e was goooooood idea. i started building a shop , at 9 feet tall on walls 2 people started to complain what you doing ? what are you doing , how big will it be, now 40 by 60 18 foot side walls 2 12 by 12 doors i hope they are happy.

I used to have a shop under a vision care place. They closed at 6pm and I usually didnt get there until 630pm or so. Just saturday days that I had to keep more quiet and non-smelly. Now I have 60 acres of comercial property with a dairy farm on one side, the river behind, and a forest perserve on the other side. Only neighbor across the street is a friend of mine's sporting goods store. I like the quiet.

We got a purty nice house rite necks door to our place, but they don't bother us to much about the fine cars and truks we have stored in are yard. At least not sense our Pit Bull ate one of their younguns.:D:D

Don

Redneckwhitehouse.jpg

Last week a census taker stopped at my shop looking for my house . The first question she asked was, doe's everbody in this neighborhood work on cars?

I live on 3.5 acres all of the homes in our neighbor hood are 2.5 acres or bigger. All my projects are parked behind my shop hidden in the trees. So no one complains.

But it still isn't a problem 4 of the closest houses, the guys are all friends and car guys. We invite them over for dinners or BBQ and we all get alongs.

Then there are the ones down the street that don't get along with anybody! :mad:

me too

I live in the sticks on 3 acres, with two and a half empty and available next door. Since the house would have to sit right next to my driveway, I make sure that if I see anyone looking at the lot, the door goes up to the shop, and I make noise! Stereo and grinder usually works.

The only other neighbor is an old pot farmer a couple of hundred yards thru the trees. He has to drive across my property to get out. I have seen him maybe eight times in a year plus.[cl

I live in the sticks on 3 acres, with two and a half empty and available next door. Since the house would have to sit right next to my driveway, I make sure that if I see anyone looking at the lot, the door goes up to the shop, and I make noise! Stereo and grinder usually works.

The only other neighbor is an old pot farmer a couple of hundred yards thru the trees. He has to drive across my property to get out. I have seen him maybe eight times in a year plus.[cl

You should buy it yourself. Eventually someone else will buy it.

Latest posts

Back