Barrett-Jackson has rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprocket

Hey gang,
Did y'all see the '49 Coe rat rod roll across the auction block last night on Barrett-Jackson? It went for $20,500.
It was called the Muskrat.

They also had a poll you could vote and get involved in between rat truck and restored trucks. I hope this somehow gets rat rods to be a bit more accepted, rather than hated so much.
Love em or hate em rat rods are here to stay!

I like the idea of rat rods not being accepted by the hot rodding snobs but loved by most people that see them at shows or on the streets.
I find myself walking right past some of the shiney hot rods and classics to look at rats or petina rods.

Exactly! I have a buddy that has both and it's so funny how much attention The Binder gets compared to his glass roadster.
And that's probably EXACTLY why people hate them so much.
Haters gonna hate!

You Got It...! People Seem To Like Rats and Will Look At Them Longer Than The Shinny $100k Rods... Rats Are Within Everybody's Reach...!

Well You Know What They Say... "Every Time You Close The Door On Reality - It Comes Through The Door." ...Or Something Like That...?

I was flippin' channels a few days ago and saw what looked like that green glass fake patina 'rat' a few back in the line on there - cut to commercial and never saw it again.

This one?

Was it this one?
96726_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

96726_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

96726_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

That price is about rite considering bj prices are double to triple the real world price. I feel barett Jackson is why our sport is getting to the point were the average guy can't aford to stay in it.

As long as one can find a body or cab I dont think Barrett Jackson will be driving up the cost of building ratrods. It may influence some of the money hungry folks that have bodies/cabs but not all. We will just have to be more creative in our finds or trades.

On a side note, to 46ford$PU, visited your great state for the first time last year and have determined you guys have the best state slogan EVER!![dr

^^^ No, that one is much nicer.

This is it.
138313_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

This truck would look a lot nicer if the front wheel openings were reworked [;) to match the rear ones, they are way too long and look out of place. Hard to think that someone paid 20k for it [S. Just shows there are a lot of people that can not build them, but still want them. ;)

The Jackyl went across Barrett Jackson last year in Feb and the price on it didnt change it still sold for 30k there and was worth every bit of it

I'm in N.W. colorado and ran across a 49 ford COE that has a 57 caddy rear built on it with an old wrecker A frame in it. Pretty neat looking. I have a phone picture but don't know how to post it. they have made a rat out of it. TP

Latest posts

Back