BBC quits running ocassionally

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkk

BBC 400 hp +/- nothing real radical. Car is Pro Streeted. Has a Holley 110 gph pump. New filter. 3/8" line to motor and back to tank. No kinks.Pressure set to 6 lbs. Runs great for a while then just dies. No sputtering or on/off like electrical,no backfires. Just dies like ran out of fuel. If I restart immediately, the motor will just die out again. If I let it set for as little as 2 minutes, it will fire and run good again. It doesn't do it with regularity. But it is often enough to be very very annoying. Possible fuel pump issue? Any ideas?

Vaporlock? In a hot climate like Texas I like to have a clear fuel filter where I can see if the fuel is boiling. That also sounds like you may have junk in the carb bowls, it doesn't take much. :eek:

Beercan

Really? never thought of that. It is under the back near the end of the exhaust pipe. I didn't think it got that warm back there. I'll make a heat shield and try that. Thanks for the input.
the carb bowls are clean...but, I'll recheck them also...

Latest posts

Back