Bought a new project today.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys can relax. Looks like I struck a deal today for an EFI 302 and an AOD tranny out of a `89 Crown Vic. $250 for both :p
I don`t have the computer or harness for the EFI, so I`ll probably just throw a carb on it. I`m not a Ford guy, so can I still use the overdrive in this old truck ? Wiring trick or what ?
How easy (and costly) would it be to retain the EFI ? Should I ?

I know all about the benefits of EFI, but I`ve never had to deal with a Ford EFI installation in an older vehicle. I`m sure I could Google it and find my answers.

`62 Ford UniBody

I must admit - I stole it. $200

The funny thing is - there is a pair of `68 Camaro bucket seats in it that should fetch $200 on Ebay. :)

These seats sold for $205 on Ebay, I`ve already collected the money and shipped them. So I am -$5 into this so far. :p

I know all about the benefits of EFI, but I`ve never had to deal with a Ford EFI installation in an older vehicle. I`m sure I could Google it and find my answers.

The Ford AOD is a simple install, no wires to connect, no ecm to control tranny, just a simple detent cable - that`s it.
The EFI is a whole nuther story though .... :rolleyes:

I don`t have the computer or harness for the EFI, so I`ll probably just throw a carb on it. I`m not a Ford guy, so can I still use the overdrive in this old truck ? Wiring trick or what ?
How easy (and costly) would it be to retain the EFI ?

I have found a lot of info regarding the Ford EFI conversion into an older vehicle. I am going to go ahead with the EFI and make it work in this old truck. I`ll be using the AOD tranny too.

Latest posts

Back