Bringing home some junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Well guys I got your hopes up for nuthin on the Mercury, turns out to be a 1950 Ford Crestliner, a cool car but no Merc. It was a Hot rod in about 55-56 and it has pinstripes inside and out. It has a flashy chrome gas cap door. The flat head is long gone, along with the passenger side door. The roof was once painted with spatter paint, but it has faded away. Last tagged in 1959. It is in sad shape, but it is pretty solid and has some great possabilities. Since it was hot rodded, a lot of it's really good parts have been stripped. Rear gears, front spindles. It looks better than that poor 57 in Tulsa. This is one of 4 I got at auction.

Attachments

• 50 crestliner.jpg
    50 crestliner.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 84
another auction buy

1952 customline coupe, at least all the parts are on this one. Another one with great potential.

Attachments

• 52customline coupe.jpg
    52customline coupe.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 53
now the good stuff

1945 ish Ford truck cab and fenders. The top is crunched a little, but it looks fine to me. Another auction buy. This is the second trip with the 50Ford, and the front fenders from the 45 PU.

Attachments

• 45 ford cab.jpg
    45 ford cab.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 45 ford fenders.jpg
    45 ford fenders.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
My favorite of the group

This one, Maybe a 45 Ford, was a military, (airforce) truck. It is in great shape. It was a big truck, with a weird axle set up. 6 bolt wheels in the right side and 5 bolt wheels on the left. ??? The rear axle is on a hay trailer I also bought, but I am not sure if I'll use it.

Attachments

• 45 airforce truck.jpg
    45 airforce truck.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 45
ol' junk

Bonehead, you still finding tin in Colo. you can afford?
Every thing i find out here the person thinks its worth 10 times more than
I would even think its worth. Can't belive the prices here any more. Later

This one is still my favorite of the group. It has olive drab paint with a coat of yellow somewhere and a blue top coat. Airforce truck in 1945 rebuild tag on the flat straight 6 says 1947. That motor ran until the last tag date of 1967. 20 years on the rebuilt motor, then parked 40 years. The ranch that had the auction sold out to a subdivision of houses. So they are selling off all the junk that has ended up on the ranch for 4 generations. The rancher told me at one point there was about 100 cars on the hill where these were. I saw small parts from 20's 30's cars. He said his dad sold them off years ago for $50.00 each.

Attachments

• 45airforcetruck.jpg
    45airforcetruck.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 28
If that truck is as heavy duty as it looks I would be thinkin about making a rollback hauler for all that cool tin your bringing home.

And okay I give up. Why does it have 6 bolt hubs on the right and 5 on the left? If you don't know just guess.

Well, in the many years since that truck was new, lots of parts have been replaced probably. At one point in time someone may have scrounged a brakedrum from another car or truck and substituted it for the correct one. In the old days people made do with what they had, so someone did this as a means to an end, I would guess. Sure didn't leave the assembly line that way. :D

As an example, I had a 1995 boat that the engine was toasted in when I bought it. I found a 1997 van with a good 4.3 in it, rebuilt it, and installed it. However, Chevy made some major changes from 95 to 97, like going to 8 bolt intake manifolds instead of 12 bolt. I used half of the parts from the 95, and the other half from the 97. I pity the poor guy who owns this boat now when he goes to the parts counter and tries to buy any replacement parts for it. The parts person will be telling him "but Sir, they didn't have that part in 1995." :D:D:D

Don

Nice try, but it is factory that way? Got two back axles and two fronts with the truck, all the same. It may be some sort of army intellegence thing.

Latest posts

Back