Complete Newbie.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dan

Well maybe not a complete loser but, My first build from aboslute scratch (ish). I got the idea because my wife and I rode my buddies rat around the paddock at a race I had at Infineon. She loved it. She turns 50 next June, so I thought I'd build her A rat rod from A 31 Ford roadster I found with a 10 frame and a 7 steel body. I already have the power plant and trans. So Now what? I need a rear end, suspension some bodyparts. Where does one procure these Items? I don't want to spend Hours on the internet, searching.. Can you guys help with all your experiences.. Dan

Search craigslist fro alot of the stuff. I think you can do a bigger search using searchtempest.

Well maybe not a complete loser but, My first build from aboslute scratch (ish). I got the idea because my wife and I rode my buddies rat around the paddock at a race I had at Infineon. She loved it. She turns 50 next June, so I thought I'd build her A rat rod from A 31 Ford roadster I found with a 10 frame and a 7 steel body. I already have the power plant and trans. So Now what? I need a rear end, suspension some bodyparts. Where does one procure these Items? I don't want to spend Hours on the internet, searching.. Can you guys help with all your experiences.. Dan

whats the engine/transmission set up?
what kind of suspension do you want to run
and what body parts do you need?

also - wheres the pictures?

I have a nice SBC about 420 hp with a muncie m22 to start. Missing well everything else except fopr the firewall back and the frame. So I need front susp. rear, rearend and Driveshaft. plus the other obvious stuff tires brakes. you know. It seems a little overwhelming right now.

Latest posts

Back