Does a 65 C10 count?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Not as old as I would have liked, but the plan
is to daily drive this and keep some miles off the Jeep..

Here are a few before and afters of my 65

Got it Monday and did a little rattle can color change for now on it..
and yes the keg is the gas tank, lol..

It has the stock straight 6 and 3 on the tree right now

Before

truck.jpg

and after

65chevytruck1.jpg

65chevytruck2.jpg

65chevytruck3.jpg

65chevytruck4.jpg

65chevytruck5.jpg

does it really matter what anybody thinks, it is yours and that is what counts. i myself would do as stated above i would put some kind of dog dish hub caps on it, other wise i like it. i got a glass car with ifs and don't care what anybody else thinks, because it is mine and what i wanted and could aford, and that is what counts. enjoy, the only thing i would say is convert it to disc brakes on front for saftey, i know when my drums got hot it did not want to stop, and if your anything like the rest of us you will drive the hell out of it. like the paint jod too. a old pic of mine.

[cl

Attachments

• 63-1.jpg
    63-1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 21
Lol, you got it!!!
I originally was going to put it on the hood of my old Jeep

JC11.jpg

JC10.jpg

Anyway, back on topic, here is the shift knob i got for the truck

knob.jpg

Are you asking for opinions?...or just showing off your truck?

Either one. its not much to show off, it was cheap.. not sure what I am going to do with it other than plan to drive it daily. Its newer than i planned on buying but got a deal i couldn't pass up so I got it

Either one. its not much to show off, it was cheap.. not sure what I am going to do with it other than plan to drive it daily. Its newer than i planned on buying but got a deal i couldn't pass up so I got it

Well then, personally, I would have left that paint & patina on it...that first pic looks a thousand times better than just another truck painted flat black...the truck in the first pic has character...the re-do looks like every other car/truck at a rat rod show...just like red fiberglass '32's!

...at least put the Moon discs back on it...

...but this is just MY opinion...

Looks good, I get a 'seen it before' kind of feeling though. Keep in mind this opinion comes from a the owner of a flat black truck with red rims! :eek:

Funny, I like the original better - because of the patina, but I couldn't drive a truck that color, so I woulda painted it too! That bright green is one of my all time favorite colors (assuming it is like a neon green and not mint). Don't care for the rims, but I don't like disks either.

Center caps would look good. I kinda liked the hood ornament too. Really like the skull and jacks.

Nice

Hey man the truck is awesome. Don't let anyone tell you anything else. if you like it then that's what matters. Plus if you think about it there are not very many original ideas left in the world. Everything we see influences us.

Nice work on the truck it has a very personal element to it....

I like both the before and after, when I saw the skull, I thought those looked like highlift jacks, very cool.

Ok - my one OPINION; put the moon discs back on, I like them anyway...I realize many give opinions, I don't see it as a bad thing, we are all gear heads and every vehicle we see, we think of what we personally would do to it...I think it makes it fun I'm sure no offense ment!

does it really matter what anybody thinks, it is yours and that is what counts.

Dude... I love u're PU!!! Like 26T said... it doesn't matter what *anyone* thinks as long as you like it. There will always be someone who doesn't like any car... not stock, too stock, rusted, ratty, not ratty enough, not painted, painted... whatever. I think it's way kool & hope u have fun drivin' it around since that's what it's really all about!!! Congrats & keep on truckin'!!!:D:D:D

BoB

Those were one of Chevy's handsomest body styles of pickup, IMHO. Lower always looks better on 'em and yours sits just right.:cool:

Didn't mind the before, but the after is okay, too. I really like the two-tone through the side trim, that's sharp and has nice contrast, it really "POPS.":cool:

Sorry, I'm kinda done to death on death's head logos, but your crossed jacks are a cool diference from most.

Think I'd put the Moons back on, or hunt down some deep offset wheels which you could mount dog dishes on-Paint 'em bright green to match the two tone.

ENJOY IT!!! It's COOL!:cool:

Welcome to RRR.

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back