does your car make others speed?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i noticed while driving the 27 chevy.
that when at a stoplight many times the person next to me will be somehow forced to rev the hell out of his/her engine and take off when it turns green. (it doesnt matter what kind of car that person is in).
usually a pickup truck but even soccer moms will become possesed with this temporary madness.
it doesnt happen when i am in my other cars.
does this happen to you?

Not so much any more, but it used to happen occasionally. I think the fact I drive around more these days with my headers uncapped discourages them from doing dumb stuff. :D

Years ago I had a guy in a 5.0 Mustang sit next to me and he was revving his engine. I looked over and said to him "You aren't real good at math, are you?" He said "Huh??" Then I said, I've got more HP than you and I weigh half as much............do the math !" :D He stopped playing games after that.

The only recent one I had one one of those New Cadillac CTS-V's. Light changed and as we started to pull out I heard him kick it hard, and my old instincts kicked in, so I hit second and buried it. Fishtailed a little and pulled by him. Poor guy had bought into all those TV ads telling him he had the fastest car on the road. :)

But generally, if someone is playing games I snicker and just let them look dumb.

Don

Every soccer mom in Houston wants to race me... haha! I must look like an easy mark!!! :eek:

The only recent one I had one one of those New Cadillac CTS-V's. Light changed and as we started to pull out I heard him kick it hard, and my old instincts kicked in, so I hit second and buried it. Fishtailed a little and pulled by him. Poor guy had bought into all those TV ads telling him he had the fastest car on the road. :)

What kills me is they test cars like that at the track. There's NO way those cars can duplicate that on the street in street tires! Especially against cars that are set up for the street! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I was sitting at a stoplight one night in my 64 SS malibu..twin holley tunnel rammed small block, rumpety rump cam,Mr. Gasket Street Scoop:rolleyes:..loud exhaust etc.. when a local clown I knew pulled up beside me..He is revving his engine, inching forward, being silly..as the light was about to change, I put it on the convertor like I was about to launch which is just what he wanted..He didn't see the police officer sitting at the next light like I did apparently..He launched his and I idled by as he was getting pulled over..I could have stopped it I suppose, but really it couldn't have happened to a better guy..kind of a jackwagon:D:D

That just happened to my Son a little while ago. He has a Z06 Vette and one night at a light a guy in a Challenger played with him at a light. My Son's GF said "Aren't you going to race him ?" and my Son said no, it wasn't worth it. So the Challenger takes off and my Son drives away normally, and all of a sudden a Sheriff blows by him and pulls the Challenger over.

We just had a major driveby shooting down here and we were going past the scene where there were about 50 cop cars surrounding the area. There were cop cars in that bunch with lights flashing in the back window that you would NEVER suspect as being a cop car............Mustangs, SUV's, Chargers, Escalades, etc. I commented to my Son that you never know who is around you in traffic because the cops use a lot of cars they confiscate. If they see you driving like an idiot they might not get you today, but the next time they see you on the road you might get pulled over. Our hot rods are so distinctive that we really need to keep under the radar as much as we can.

Don

Don's right. I used to work in a shop that did the police cars repairs. They had some nice rides from drug raids. We were on the route from Detroit to Indy.

Not me, Officer!

Drag racing in my town carries really, really stiff penalties. It even says it applies if there is ony one car ???? They charge you with "Reckless sumthin".[S

But my problem in traffic is that people can't stand to be behind my old truck.....they just have to pass. And I don't drive slow. After they pass, they slow down ???...go figure!:confused::confused:

Lynn

"You in a heep o trouble boy"!!! LOL

Drag racing in my town carries really, really stiff penalties. It even says it applies if there is ony one car ???? They charge you with "Reckless sumthin".[S

But my problem in traffic is that people can't stand to be behind my old truck.....they just have to pass. And I don't drive slow. After they pass, they slow down ???...go figure!:confused::confused:

Lynn

sorry, too many movies..... had the wifes flex the other day....never thought of it as fast.....surprisingly it is....3.5 v6 with a six speed auto...some kid in a tuner was tin can exhausting me at the light....pulled a hole shot on him and never looked back...thing was bangin off the red line at 6000.....shocked the crap out of me....hadn't hit the throttle that hard before... told the wife...she said "I know"..:eek: huh!!!???

Sarge, your wife story reminds me of my something my Sister did. She is 12 years older than me and in 1956 she and her husband John bought a brand new 56 Ford. Torch red, 312 and 3 speed column shift stick.

I was about 11 and went to Philadelphia to visit them and one day my Sister took me out in the 56 to do something. My Sister was a pretty cute 23 year old at the time and when we pulled up to a light a car full of young guys in a 55 Chevy started cat calling to her and revving their engine. I said " Let's get em, Sis." When the light turned green she buried it and I didn't know she could shift so well ! :eek: We left the 55 in our dust. [cl

After it was all over the only thing she said was "If you ever tell John I will KILL you !! :D

Don

Silly things

One damp evening I was sitting at a light in my sleeper '81 Delta 88 watching traffic turn left past me from the right of the cross street. The Delta was not loud, but had a tach on top of the dash. I guess the guy in the yellow 2nd gen Camaro saw the tach as he was driving past me, so he goosed his throttle and spun out! I glanced in the outside rear view and got an eyeful of yellow door as he slid sideways.

440shorty

I get the revers. Next to me all the time when I'm out in my 50 Chevy truck I'm getting better about not puting the pedal to the floor but sometime I just can't resist expectly when its a tuner car sounding like a ****ed of lawnmower my new trick is to get out in front and dump the air in the rear bags and drag about 20 feet or sometime I will rev back than take off really slow [ddd[ddd[ddd

These guys got a lil frisky last Turkey Day & this went viral here. Since their license plates were totally visible the boys in blue paid them a visit! They were our local laughing stock! Haha!!! [ddd

2 Vettes crash drag racing caught on video!

BoB

Lol and I think I do dumb stuff I guess I can say I've never wrecked 2 vetts in less than a 8thmile before [ddd

Latest posts

Back