Flatbroke's New Name Suggestions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think that Flatster is perfect. :D

Glad to see you are in a good mood today. I knew I was healing from my divorce when I started having more good days than bad ones. :D

Don

I agree

Yeah, I think that Flatster is perfect. :D

Glad to see you are in a good mood today. I knew I was healing from my divorce when I started having more good days than bad ones. :D

Don

My divorce was 31 years ago.... can't even remember her face...LOL (don't want to either...

Let me be the first to tell you Flatster that being single is way better than being in a relationship. First of all, you don't have to ask anyone's permission or consult anyone before you make any decision. You get up when you want, go to bed when you want, eat what and where you want, if you don't feel like doing anything you can take all the naps you want, etc, etc.

Now, for the money end. You will have much more money to spend on yourself and your projects because that old saying about "2 can live as cheap as one" is pure crap. Every woman I have had in my life was not cheap. They always want to be entertained, or to be going out. Since I have been single I have more money than I ever had in a relationship, and NOBODY complains when I drag home another project or car part. :D

It does take some getting used to, but I've become a pretty good cook and now know how to do the laundry without turning everything from white to pink. I also realize there are guys who are very happily in a relationship and would not trade it for the world. I was one of them for 28 years, and then 7 with my GF after that. But life is sooooooooooooo easy this way I doubt I will ever go back..........and for the first time in my life I don't have to hide my receipts for the stuff I buy. [cl

Just a little encouragement, Flatster. :)

Don

After reading Don's essay, I just went in the living room and told my wife (of 47 years) to move out.[ddev

After reading Don's essay, I just went in the living room and told my wife (of 47 years) to move out.[ddev

Oh man, one more thing on my conscience! :eek::D

I know it might come across as sour grapes or whatever, but the point I was trying to make was that life goes on and for some of us it actually works out better to be on our own. Just take your time, Flat, and get to know yourself again. It IS an adjustment, but a year from now you will be in a totally different frame of mind and can decide then what is best for you. It does take about a year.

Don

My wife and I talked about divorce but as usual I wasn't listening so we decided we couldn't divorce because we'd probably ruin 2 other couples.

Latest posts

Back