Going to need more than a hone.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have quit taking in 4 wheelers for stuff just like that. Always someone just bought it and the previous owners says it was running a couple years ago before we quit using it. Lol, even I get caught in that one, had a lady sell me a Massey Ferguson riding mower at a yard sale. $50, it was running good, we just got a new one a couple years ago and quit using it. Yeah, I got it running but the must have been 1/2 inch of play in the con rod. It went on a load of scrap iron last week.

I knew this would be trouble but sometimes I like a challenge...... Figured if nothing else I could part it out and get my money back!

Took it out for its first spin ever in the last 5-6 years and it performed great!!! Still a ways to go before this machine is ready for a good thrashing.

I ran it kind of easy for about the first half hour so the cam had a minute to seat it. Then hit it a bit. I found out that with the air box lid on it will can not get enough air. I still want to run the lid, but I am going to have to open it up a bit. I may need to change my jetting around a little bit too. I am running a 42 pilot and a 175 main which sounded like a good starting point for the mods I did, but seemed like I could do a little better. Carb rebuild kit is due in this week so I will know more once I get that done.

Thought the clutch looked good when I had it apart, but when I was riding it it felt like it could be a bit questionable.

Couple more things that need to be done yet before my trip this year but seems like project Bumble Bee will be there in style!

Had this thing out for another play day yesterday!! Got new front meats on it and wow was I impressed with how she did!!! Had a blast and nothing broke and no one was hurt! Only problem, still need to rebuild the carb..... But there is still time before the trip!

IMG_20130630_164049_123_zps3f3288db.jpg

Latest posts

Back