Hello from Alaska

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Emu

Hello Everybody.

I'm Ben. Currently living in Bethel, Western Alaska.

There is quite a bit of vintage iron around the villages out here. Oldest I have seen is a 1920's Dodge Brothers Tudor in the village of Grayling.

I have been reading here for a few months and getting ideas. I have always liked the traditional and rat rods more than the polished to perfection trailer queens.

If I can find a place to work I might start a project this year. Wrenching in the snow is "unpleasant." There is snow on the ground here 5 months of the year. I'm thinking about building a 70's pickup. They are cheap and plentiful here.

Welcome

Hello Everybody.

I'm Ben. Currently living in Bethel, Western Alaska.

There is quite a bit of vintage iron around the villages out here. Oldest I have seen is a 1920's Dodge Brothers Tudor in the village of Grayling.

I have been reading here for a few months and getting ideas. I have always liked the traditional and rat rods more than the polished to perfection trailer queens.

If I can find a place to work I might start a project this year. Wrenching in the snow is "unpleasant." There is snow on the ground here 5 months of the year. I'm thinking about building a 70's pickup. They are cheap and plentiful here.

I am new here also- I worked for a year in Delta Junction AK, great place to visit.

Welcome to the site. I used to live in AK too. I lived in North Pole. My daughter still gets people that think she is telling lies when she tells them that she is from North Pole! lol

Welcome to RRR! IF you are going to go for something like DavidHud's Ford, it'll be build worth watching no matter what you start with - GO FOR IT!

used to live in Tok Alaska!

There are lots of old irons around Alaska especially in the interior where there is very little rust. Welcome there are some good folks and very knowledgable folks here to boot. I will be headed back to Alaska to pickup some more of the stuff I left behind this summer. I reside in Missouri now for about a year and kinda like it.

Latest posts

Back