Is It True? Once You Go Black...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Form Follows Function" a basic design criteria. If you need a tall windshield to drive comfortably, then so be it. My grey roadster is a bit too windy at highway speeds. I tried goggles over my glasses but didn't like that. I have to drive wearing a baseball cap, holding it on with one hand. Since that isn't the best idea I built a different open car where I sit lower and more forward, out of the wind.
Your idea about a fold down windshield could be an answer. Like the air ride systems that provide reasonable ride height on the road and ground scraping lowness for the fairgrounds. Function on the highway, form at the show.

for me drivability is paramount.
looking cool parked is fine and dandy.
but if it is a PITA to drive.
i wont own it.

Aw, come on. Those June Bugs and Love Bugs are full of protein and fiber. I've been living on a diet of them for years. :D:D:D

Don

danandIatbilletproof2.jpg
Hey Don who was drivin in the grass to get this shot [S [ddev

Jim

I did red wheels on a rootbeer brown F-100 back about 92 and loved them, got a lot of good comments. Nowdays they are just too overdone for me. My rpu will probably have black steelys. I can't think of any other color I would want, except I have toyed with the idea of bright yellow wheels.

Latest posts

Back