KillBillet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way!

Unfortunately the "$3,000 build" section is...well, complete b.s. The only ones that are road-worthy are ones where someone else gave them most of the parts to build the thing. I could build a rat rod for $3k if all the parts were free too!!

i was wondering about that myself.
i am on my first build using mostly dirt cheap junkyard parts.
i am at 3 grand right now and have about 1/2 of a car!

Of course you can't build a car for under $3K! You may have $6K worth of parts laying around that you use and put no hard cash into but that's a bogus premise. Simple addition will tell you that.

ISore

I'm active on a half-dozen sites, KB is visited least. Lots of good info there, just too much flaming. Mebbee they're like lawyers, "99% of 'em spoil it for the good ones!" Haha.

i was wondering about that myself.
i am on my first build using mostly dirt cheap junkyard parts.
i am at 3 grand right now and have about 1/2 of a car!

I'm into mine for about $1,700 so far. Cab, frame, grill shell, wiring harness, and a lot of misc. parts. I'm scrounging the scrap piles at that. With all it still needs, there's no way it'll come in even close to $3000. I'd say $5,500 to $6,000 more at a minimum to get it to the street at this point. It'll likely even top that by at least another $1000 since I'll have to pay somebody to do a lot of the fabrication. Whatever happened to the barter system????? [S :mad:

I guess my point is - like you guys, $3000 builds are rare if not bogus.

Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back