My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good.. I like the green color..

What radiator Are you running? I am trying to sort mine out..

The radiator is for a 1942 International and it's a 3 row I got it off ebay for $235 plus they screwed up and sent me the electric fan for free!!!!

And thanx for the compliments!!! I was stoked at how the green looked!!! The paint is from summit racing and so far i am really impressed with how it lays out and for the price you just can't beat it!!!

Here is the link for the radiator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Does anyone have any ideas for the grille insert??? I am at a complete loss right now :confused: :confused:

The grille shell I have is a 1934 chevy truck shell

Attachments

• 206692_1882310289861_1004436880_2160797_8039133_n.jpg
    206692_1882310289861_1004436880_2160797_8039133_n.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 62
Does anyone have any ideas for the grille insert??? I am at a complete loss right now :confused: :confused:

The grille shell I have is a 1934 chevy truck shell

This may be over the top for you, but this is a grille insert I made for my 34 Chev, similar to your truck shell. The chrome surround is stock, but the grille itself I made from 1/4" stainless rod. First I made an outer rim the shape of the grille opening from 1/4" ss rod, the center bar is 3/8" ss rod, then I tacked all the bars onto the outer rim, welded a few tabs on it to mount to the inside of the shell.
If you don't want to use stainless, plain rod or even welding rods would work - I used spacers to get all the gaps even, starting in the middle and working out to the edges.

Attachments

• july 14 07 017.jpg
    july 14 07 017.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 67
I remember just last week when you were over on my build thread asking for door chop line up sugestions. Now here you are way ahead of me!

I would love to make it up to the Back to the 50's, but doubt I'll be done by then.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics and a vid.

How much did you "Z" the front frame?

I'll tell you what looks good for a grill insert. That would be a woven wire mesh that is used in the gravel industry to screen gravel. Google 1/4' woven mesh shaker screen, and you should see a photo of it. I have discarded tons of this stuff at my old sand and gravel operation. No longer have the pit , and think sometimes of how much of this screen I just hauled off to the scrap yard.

This may be over the top for you, but this is a grille insert I made for my 34 Chev, similar to your truck shell. The chrome surround is stock, but the grille itself I made from 1/4" stainless rod. First I made an outer rim the shape of the grille opening from 1/4" ss rod, the center bar is 3/8" ss rod, then I tacked all the bars onto the outer rim, welded a few tabs on it to mount to the inside of the shell.
If you don't want to use stainless, plain rod or even welding rods would work - I used spacers to get all the gaps even, starting in the middle and working out to the edges.

Sounds killer!!! I have been think in goin with something similar only doing it out of razor wire [ddd

I remember just last week when you were over on my build thread asking for door chop line up sugestions. Now here you are way ahead of me!

I would love to make it up to the Back to the 50's, but doubt I'll be done by then.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics and a vid.

How much did you "Z" the front frame?

No still gotta get the door thing figured out [;) Just skipped to finishing the frame LOL!! I am really hoping to make it to BTT 50'S but we'll see I just got laid off so not real sure now :(

I Z'd it 8" up front with an 18" kickup in the rear - it gives the truck a real nice stance and there is still plenty of clearence underneath [cl

That looks awesome!!! Really like the look of the tight fenders on the back!! Can't wait to see that done!

Thanx a ton bro!!! Really appreciate it!! Yeah I was originally just gonna use the 2 fenders and split them but when I got them home and set them on the rear tires together I really liked the way it looked [cl

Hoping to have it finished by june so keep watching [P

I agree the rear fenders look pretty cool! Kind of a "taildragger" fender! Looking forward to seeing finished pics!!

Right on bro thanx!!! Yeah I like the low look the fenders have in the back ;)

Plus I won't catch any ggrief from local law for not havin mudflaps LOL!!!

Hoping to have it finished soon!!!

I'll tell you what looks good for a grill insert. That would be a woven wire mesh that is used in the gravel industry to screen gravel. Google 1/4' woven mesh shaker screen, and you should see a photo of it. I have discarded tons of this stuff at my old sand and gravel operation. No longer have the pit , and think sometimes of how much of this screen I just hauled off to the scrap yard.

Right on!! I will check it out thanx!!![cl

Catch'n up on your build L.D.. It's like reading a book.Can't wait to see the end!

I will try and get more post as I found this site a lil late in the game but I will keep updating as I get closer to finishing and when it fires I will be posting video!!!! [P [;)

The radiator is for a 1942 International and it's a 3 row I got it off ebay for $235 plus they screwed up and sent me the electric fan for free!!!!

And thanx for the compliments!!! I was stoked at how the green looked!!! The paint is from summit racing and so far i am really impressed with how it lays out and for the price you just can't beat it!!!

Here is the link for the radiator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the link.. not going to work for me though even though I have the same shell .. its a tad to tall for how my frame is z'd in the front a bunch of the shell will hang below my rails.. oh well.. ill keep searching.. thanks again

Latest posts

Back