New from WA state - 1956 F100 Angry Bird

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclars

Hi All,

This might be the sight I have been looking for all along! It's ironic that I should get so many good ideas over at the "you know where" site and then when you implement them, they tell you that your vehicle really isnt what they want on the site. Think like a bunch of old farts stuck in the past. Oh wait, I'm 63...

Anyway, I've been scratchin' around trying to land somewhere that seems active and open minded. Without flame jobs attached to anything except the vehicles!

Admittedly, it all started innocently enough. I had several 56 F100's as a youth, back when they were just hitting 100,000 miles. Even then they caught peoples eyes if you did even mild stuff. Mine was Grabber Green with fat tires on deep dish chromes and mooneys.

Ahhhh.....

So I got this truck with all intent to do a mild custom street rod the right way, now that I have the means to do it right.

One thing led to another...

John Larsen
Lynden, WA

Attachments

• 1956 F100 Angry Bird sideview.jpg
    1956 F100 Angry Bird sideview.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1956 F100 Angry bird top view.jpg
    1956 F100 Angry bird top view.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 35
Welcome to RRR Your truck is great and yes this is where you belong as long as you are cool with us we will be cool with you. As long as your ride is safe we have no problem with it.

welcome

yep, best site on the webby thingy:D

were so open minded here sometimes our brains fall out & end up on the floor:rolleyes:

that truck, spot on great[dr ----- details :confused:

glad ya are here, were like a real dysfunctional family but always glad to add one more plate at the table[cl

Later :cool:

Tis safer than the day it was born...

4 wheel power disk brakes, rack n pinion steering, three pt seat belts, IFS/IRS, boxed frame, inertia switch

And a dvd player to maintain mental health. Bluetooth ready with reverse camera active!

I mocked up the truck last year and am currently putting the frame back together. Hoping to catch up to myself with a build thread on RRR. Have pent up energy, having not posted my pics anywhere.

John L.

yeps. Last year. You can see stuff hanging off the rusty frame, etc.

It now looks like this:

Attachments

• 56 f100 frame rebuild 3-14.jpg
    56 f100 frame rebuild 3-14.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 28
Welcome from MA and nice truck!

You've certainly found the right site for a good group of hot rod lovin' dudes.

-Chris

3.8L super charged V6.

Stock in the T-bird super coupe from 89-95.

Started a build thread and will post pics of the fit. It looks like it was meant for that truck, but I could find very few examples of any rod with this engine.

John L.

Those are fun motors especially with a 5 speed backing them. Nice looking truck and welcome to a great site!

Latest posts

Back