Nick's 52 Chevy COE build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged some 2x12's from the BIL. Going to make a beam across my shed to aide in lifting the cab. Going to work on that tomorrow and finish up cutting odds and ends from the truck to free up the cab.

Also got my juice from work. Our chemist whipped me up a batch of good stuff.

A tough cleaner/degreaser "Complex Blue" I'll use this to deep clean the truck.

Then Big Don will get a good scrubbing with L-543. This is an acid descaler that will remove rust but not harm painted surfaces.

After the rust is all gone I need to neutralize the acid with another wash. Cascade is very alkaline and works well.

Then I'll rub him down with L-3932N. This is a water based long term rust inhibitor. This at 100% will keep the bare metal ready for paint for several weeks.

This is a whole lot cheaper than media blasting. But since I'm keeping the paint that was never really an option.

He started it for me and it runs well but he thinks it has a blown head gasket. It keeps getting hot. He also uses a screwdriver to by bass the starter solenoid. It is only about 15 miles from my farm. I'll buy a starter for it, my motor doesn't have one. Install it at his place fill it with water and drive to the farm.

He started it for me and it runs well but he thinks it has a blown head gasket. It keeps getting hot. He also uses a screwdriver to by bass the starter solenoid. It is only about 15 miles from my farm. I'll buy a starter for it, my motor doesn't have one. Install it at his place fill it with water and drive to the farm.

Another one of lifes adventures.[cl

Might bring a jug of water and a fire extinguisher:D

Last edited:
With a little help from the BIL we got the cab mounted to the cart. The fender mound worked very well. Once I get the cart to my place I'll put in a gusset on each side. It is plenty strong just want to keep it from moving.

Now I'll get it loaded up on the trailer and stop at car wash to blast away 64 years of grime.

Here is something you don't see everyday. A flathead Ford V8 engine just napping on the side of the road.

It has been there all day. Fallen out of the back of a truck. You can see some damage to the oil pan and scrapes on the concrete.

I'm going to post a Craigslist add....Ford flathead V8, good condition, rolls over. meet me on the corner of....

Latest posts

Back