No Prize Contest

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No prize but bragging rights. My Son borrowed my 02 Dakota. Calls me and says he heard a pop and the front end is wobbling. Got it homebut could drive over about 10mph. I won't get over to look at it for about a week. Not sure what the problem is. Had a grind kind of sound in the right front brake but I replace bot calipers, rotors, pads. The contest is.... what cha think happened? Truck has 165k on it. Ball joints have about 50k. I'm going with front wheel bearing. Quess away. I'll report when I find it. Thanks. Jim

I'm thinking it was the weezle....as in "pop" goes the weezle! Sorry had to do it after that big grin came across my face!

Redid.... the avatar picture is my 98 Dakota. Have you seen it? This is like "the ask me about my grand kids" T-shirt.

My wife has a 2015 dodge ram dually, crew cab, diesel, 3500 with all the bells and whistles. Paid $63,000 for it new. Looked at a new one on the lot the other day........$99,000.

That is my Daughter and my dream truck. Have no reason for a truck.like that other than cool factor. :D Jim

I'm thinking it was the weezle....as in "pop" goes the weezle! Sorry had to do it after that big grin came across my face!

Redid.... the avatar picture is my 98 Dakota. Have you seen it? This is like "the ask me about my grand kids" T-shirt.

That look awesome. What engine is that? Jim

So I am home and was able to check the Dakota and indeed it is the right front hub/bearing. Began to take it apart and all went ell until getting the 3 bolts that hole the hub on. They will not budge and I am worried they are going to round off. I WD40 them and heat but nope. I'm contemplating putting it back together and going to the shop but really don't want to spend the cash. Thinking drilling or grinding them off. Any suggestions? Thanks. Jim

That look awesome. What engine is that? Jim

Thanks! Unfortunately it is a 3.9. The motor has over 250k on here....probably closer to 300 and she is 1200# overweight.... fiberglass, speaker, large woofers, amps and batterys.

Attachments

• HR 2017.jpg
    HR 2017.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back