Ok... who *hasn't* owned a Beetle Bug?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I know a lot of u guys have fessed up to ownin' a Beetle Bug, Ghia, bus or other VW. Who *hasn't* own one!

BoB

I have never owned one. Not that I'm opposed to them but it's just a direction that I have never taken. Some of them really look good....including some of the examples owned by members right here on RRR.

Even with 8 years living in Germany, I've never owned one. Tho, one is on my list of want to do projects.

never owned one but shure woulnt mind
my mother-in-law had one in high school and wants another maby that will be the next project if i could ever get mine done

I'd say over the years I've owned 40+ air cooled VW's, no joke. For many years my shop was called "The Bug Doctor" I Changed the name so that I could expand my horizons but I still do more dubs than anything else.
At present I own 2 Bugs and have made a deal on one that I built 15 or so years ago, I just haven't picked it up yet.
One of them is a '57 that I chopped 3.5 inches with suicide doors and a steel sliding sunroof. I'm waiting to find a wrecked Carrera 4 that's in my price range for the drive train. Mmmmmm.... All wheel drive!

I have 6 bugs and a Ghia right now. I have had about 14 bugs, 2 busses( 58 and 74) and 2 type 3 suarbacks. I have had more fun with them then any other of the 30+ cars and trucks that I have owned. As far as being on your knees to work on them, I cant breath working laying on my stomach across a V8 truck to work on them. I have a blast on the weekends in my white 60 bug.:D
Tim

Attachments

• sgarace.jpg
    sgarace.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
Never owned one, and never had the urge to. A friend had one back in school that we raised some heII in, but that was as close as I ever got.....now if you want to talk about Vegas or Fieros......I've had a few of each of them

owned alot of rides....never a VW...would like to build a volks-rod someday but prob. never get to at the speed i work and budget i must work under:(

Latest posts

Back