Old service stations

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be talking about the Cadillac ranch. It's near Amarillo Texas. I think.

Where's the dipstick on a 1967 SAAB 96. I couldn't find it. I really hated the gas tanks that were behind the license plates.

Talking about gas tanks fillers behind the license plate. I was from far eastern Ohio . and there was a lot of gas thieves in our little spot of town . My father took a dome light door switch and put it behind the plate and on a toggle switch on the dash to turn off and on .... so when you opened the plate the horn would blow .. ( this way we would know if some one was steeling our gas) .. well going down the road one day the horn blows.. (switch messed up or something) .. and we all look behind us (including my Dad , who was driving) to see who was steeling our gas ... We all laughed about that one :D

What great pictures of a much more simple time in our history......love them.

This one caught my eye because I lived in Rancho Cucamonga California years ago. We lived right on the San Gabriel mountains that are in the back of this picture.

Don

Latest posts

Back