rats&rods show at Garlets

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokestack

altered iron cc doing it again this yr.
Sat. March 19

Attachments

• poster new sm.JPG
    poster new sm.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I sure wish I could go to this. It's my parents 50th anniversary that day and I just can't miss the planned celebration. I would be banished from the family.

Not sure I can make this one either. Billetproof is the very next month and Dan and I are planning on going to that one. Plus, with the 4:30 gears I am running I really, really hate my 27 on long trips. :eek: I may have to pick up some gears in the 3:50 range and throw those in for future shows away from home.

But, I would suggest that anyone who hasn't been to Garlits place just go, if you are somewhat nearby. It is a very enjoyable day and the museum is unbelievable. And, it is kinda cool to see Don just walking around like one of the regular guys, talking to people.:)

Don

Bill, give your Mom and Pop our best wishes on their anniversary. 50 years is a real accomplishment, but after meeting your Parents it is no surprise they lasted that long......both of them are just the very best.

that is the last weekend of my March vacation and i should be in town SOOOO, i should be there. im sure the girlfriend would be all over going to it too.

If you can go, you should. I saw pictures from last year and it was a really good show. Plus, it's at Big Daddy's place. You can't beat that with a stick.

And spend the $ 15 clams to go through the museum. It is well worth it to see all the stuff Don has squirrelled away his entire life as well as all the other cars we grew up seeing in magazines. Don never threw anything away and his place is like a hot rodding time capsule.

Don

i have a feeling we are going to spend the extra money to go through the museum. i cant wait for the show. Not long after that is the Easter rod run here in Orlando.

i have a feeling we are going to spend the extra money to go through the museum. i cant wait for the show. Not long after that is the Easter rod run here in Orlando.

For years I drove down 75 past Garlits place probably 30 times and always thought I would stop someday, but never did until a couple of years ago. Man, what I was missing! I had it in my mind it would be this little place with a few of Don's stuff in it, but it is just overwhelming once you get inside. Brand new hemis and flatheads still in crates, old time speedparts that you have only heard about, and tons of perfectly restored old drag cars that we grew up reading about in the early years.........not just Don's cars, but all the great drag racers cars too.

With a movie costing $ 10.50 these days (and popcorn $ 6 a box :eek:) the $15 Don gets is a real deal.

Don

i have been to a few different shows at the grounds around the museum although i have never been in there. this is going to be my opportunity to actually make it in there this time.

Latest posts

Back