RumbleFest Preview Labor Day Weekend

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krooser

We are hosting a RumbleFest Preview on Saturday, September 3rd at the Portage County Fairgrounds in Amherst, WI. The gig starts at 10AM and runs until 2PM...free beer/food/soda.

There will be a few old coupe modifieds that will be running on the dirt track... this will be the first time any race cars have been on the track in the fairgrounds history (goes back to 1869!)... these cars will be part of our show in 2012.

We hope to have at least a few hot rods and customs on hand for publicity photos to be used in our 2012 advertising stuff and website.... bring your ride and become famous!

The Portage County Fairgrounds is located on US 10 halfway between Stevens Point and Waupaca, WI... the address is 4552 fairgrounds Road, Amherst, WI 54406.

100_1350.jpg

100_1356.jpg

100_1346.jpg

100_1338.jpg

Looks like a great location for the show. I hope you are successful.

Thanks Bob... it will be a LOT of work.

My last show was one county over... no permits needed except for the beer. Portage county needs a 'large event' permit (over 700 people)... plus you must submit a plan showing every entrance, exit, locations of restrooms and porta-potties, how often they will be emptied, where the trash cans are located, who hauls the trash, where the dumpster will be located, a recycling plan, names and personal info for every outside vendor with their email address and what kind of products they sell. If food they need the menus.

I have to post a surety bond for the amount of $2.00 for every person who is expected to come to the event.

I have to hire a security firm OR have my own security but they have to have 'qualifications' to work... whatever that means. I have to submit the names of all security personnel and their schedules.

The application has to be reviewed by the sheriffs dept., zoning dept., health dept. and one other (can't remember). then it has to be put on the docket for the full county board to vote on... whew!

And some people wonder why SOME of us are so fed up with big government!

Amen!

We put on a big 4th of July God and Country event with 6-7K people every year with no permits or anything...but I live in a part of the country where we're still somewhat free.

Won't be for long once the state or local government figures how to make a buck off it!

Thanks Bob... it will be a LOT of work.

My last show was one county over... no permits needed except for the beer. Portage county needs a 'large event' permit (over 700 people)... plus you must submit a plan showing every entrance, exit, locations of restrooms and porta-potties, how often they will be emptied, where the trash cans are located, who hauls the trash, where the dumpster will be located, a recycling plan, names and personal info for every outside vendor with their email address and what kind of products they sell. If food they need the menus.

I have to post a surety bond for the amount of $2.00 for every person who is expected to come to the event.

I have to hire a security firm OR have my own security but they have to have 'qualifications' to work... whatever that means. I have to submit the names of all security personnel and their schedules.

The application has to be reviewed by the sheriffs dept., zoning dept., health dept. and one other (can't remember). then it has to be put on the docket for the full county board to vote on... whew!

And some people wonder why SOME of us are so fed up with big government!
Greene County is the same way here.
We used to have a great 1/2 mile oval track in our fairgrounds and after the takeover of their big ideas it was the first to leave.
They make it darn near impossible to book an event there anymore.
I guess it keeps the low life like me out :confused: Waa Waa I guess
I hope your event is a success [cl

Jim

Thanks for the good wishes... here are a few pix of the style of cars that will at the preview and racing at the show next year...

Attachments

• etchies car.jpg
    etchies car.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4
  • MIBrian and Tina Jaegers Henri J.jpg
    MIBrian and Tina Jaegers Henri J.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4
  • MIAaron Solsrud in Mike Araco's mod.jpg
    MIAaron Solsrud in Mike Araco's mod.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back