Starting to scare myself

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAM-LDS-2

Yesterday while at a car show a guy walks up to me and says hello and calls me by my name . I'm looking at him and I realize I have no clue who he is . So I ask " do I know you ? ". He says " yes we have met and talked 4-5 times before " . More and more stuff seems to be missing from my recall bin . I just kinda shrug and sometimes make fun of myself when it happens , which seems to be more often lately . Hope it's just a sign of normal aging . I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this . You know the old misery likes company saying .How are you older guys guys handling this or am I alone .

You're not alone!! :eek: It's happened to me a few times and I'm still wondering how I know them.. maybe it's something in the Delaware water..:D

Tell me about it! I went to a company party with lots of our clients & people were constantly saying hi & calling me by name. I had NO clue who most of them were. I'm typically bad with names but pretty good with faces but I was totally clueless. I just returned their "hi" & kept on truckin'! [ddd:D[S

BoB

Yesterday while at a car show a guy walks up to me and says hello and calls me by my name . I'm looking at him and I realize I have no clue who he is . So I ask " do I know you ? ". He says " yes we have met and talked 4-5 times before " . More and more stuff seems to be missing from my recall bin . I just kinda shrug and sometimes make fun of myself when it happens , which seems to be more often lately . Hope it's just a sign of normal aging . I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this . You know the old misery likes company saying .How are you older guys guys handling this or am I alone .

* Yup ! Ive done this a few times myself! Atleast I think Ive done this before. Tell ya the truth- Im not sure, I cant remember.:confused::confused::confused:

NO.....!

Not me! I never forget ....after we've met 30-40 times and maybe they've given me blood...or pulled me from a raging river.....I always remember them....everytime....almost.:rolleyes:

Signed; Uhhhh....ME.:confused:

Not really old age....

I've noticed lately that things that either are not truly important or that really interest me are the things I forgot the most...like that guy you've met before 4 or 5 times...if he was really something you wanted to remember, you would....or that conversation that your wife says she had with you that you don't recall....or that .........where the heck was I going with this??? Oh yeah....some things are just not high priority.....so you don't store them away anymore....I believe that is more the issue....what you wouldn't forget before but wasn't really important....are now the things you don't worry about enough to remember...... :D

SSDD

I run across people I worked with at Boeing 30 years ago that still remember me and I'm clueless. It turns out we were good workplace friends and on the same crew for a year.

One of the reasons I'm unforgettable to these people was my drinking, it was a big time merit badge to live through going drinking with me after work.

After dying for an hour 2 1/2 years ago the doc was sure I was going to be a veg from lack of O2 but I'm here. Short term memory has taken a hit it I've noticed. Now some movies are almost new and unseen to me.

I may go over to the garden paver thread and talk about the medical stuff giving out. Hip so bad I had to sell all my manual shift rigs.

We outta have a meet n greet so we can compare surgery scares and medications.

Don

Latest posts

Back