the car gods were smiling down on me last saturday

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brchopper

I got myself in a position where I have a couple projects but nothing for a daily driver other than my cycle. Decided I gotta get something to drive ,just a cheap beater. Found one on craigslist that was a bust so on the way home I had my eyes pealed for anything for sale. Decided to drive through a sleepy little town hoping to find something someone forgot about. And there she was on a side alley looking like she was for sale. By this time my wife was pretty tired of the search but I said turn around, turn around. It was a 1969 ford galaxie wagon and it had a for sale sign on it. She was faded and dirty but solid. I looked underneath and thought this car was from out west. The tag said $3000 , a little rich for my blood but maybe worth it. By then a man walked out and started telling me about the car. It was his dads, he passed away in 2002. It was the vacation wagon and grocery getter, he never drove it in the winter, and it only had 81000 miles on it. Original owner and it was bought it this same little sleepy indiana town. Who would of thought there was once a Ford dealer here. Then I was told his mom was tire of keeping tags, insurance, and maintenance up and would probable take $1500 for it. No one was driving this car but they kept it ready just in case. I wispered to my wife if you dont want me to get this you better tell me now and she smiled and said I like it. So if your wondering if its still for sale, its not.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 38
Had a 69 country squire myself.....

Great score..... money was right and the thing looks solid... Should make a great "Family Truckster"......[cl

"the car gods were smiling down on me last saturday " not as much as the oil companies were! cool car hard to beat a wagon

Cool longroof ![cl[cl Should be a lot of runnnin' left in that baby:cool:

It reminds me of a story about my Dad's boss in the early seventies. He bought a new Country Squire in '72 and immediately loaded up his family and headed out West for a three week vacation! That was back in the day of the " twelve month / 3,600 mile " warranties...........the car had a little over 7,000 miles on it when they got home :eek: Warranty was dead in less than a month :eek:

she holds eight people or three up front and full sheets of plywood in the back with the tailgate down. also a 240 straight six with a three speed manuel to keep the gas stations off my back a little.

Great looking wagon and it will be handy to boot. You didn't go wrong at all.[cl

My Son Don has an 89 Buick wagon that is his daily and he uses it primarily because he plays in a band at night and can haul all his instruments and still have room left over. He loves that thing and it has been dependable as they come. In the past 3 years he has put 40,000 miles on it and only about 5,000 on his Vette, so that tells you which car gets the most use.

Nice thing about a car like yours is that you can keep them alive. Not a lot of fancy smancy engine electronics and there are things under the hood that look familiar to you, not like something from space. Keep the fluids changed, when something needs fixed do it, and it will last you forever. Congrats.

Don

great score! i would have been wantin that one as well!

and a 6 cylinder does make it practical....

my great gandmother had its lil sister-a 4 dr. sedan just like it, dog dish hubcaps and all...there's a trip down memory lane....

Latest posts

Back