37 Ford Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kool Kake Dude and Happy Birthday. You've got an awesome gal there.

Everything looks good except you need to mess up your shop some more. Way too clean and organized! :D

ha ha, thanks DMW. Yeah, the cleanliness of the shop...

That was part of the deal. I have access to my parents bigger shop about 15 minutes away where I keep my Duster and have overrun much of the space with Dodge parts, but the issue with using their place is no 220.

So the deal is I can use my Uncle's shop 2 minutes from my house with all of the power and goodies I can possibly use, as long as you can eat off the floor. Small compromise for the convenience of a very short drive and great utilities. Also, I have to keep the mini-fridge stocked with ice cold Rainier Beer, 'The Beer From Here'

I stuck a ground wire to mine, from that ring to one of the metal straps I built. It is the potential spark from the gas nozzle they say could happen.

Truck is really taking shape, and now I am hungry for cake!

Also, I have to keep the mini-fridge stocked with ice cold Rainier Beer, 'The Beer From Here'

I lived in Idaho and they had Rainer Beer commercials there. I loved the one where they said raaaainneeeeerrrrbeeeerrrrr and made it sound like a motorcycle.

I guess you had to be there! :D

Did the Rainer/Henry's brewry tour in Seattle too.

Keep up the work Youngblood. That's an interesting wishbone idea. Your girlfriend really did a bang up job on the cake too. Cool.

I got the cab on the frame over the weekend. This thing got a lot lighter once I removed the gas tank. The cab sits nicely and it has been a long wait to see it finally on the frame.

Oct082002.jpg

Oct082004.jpg

Oct082005.jpg

Oct082024.jpg

Last edited:
This is where the fuel cell will sit. Too perfect!

Oct082036.jpg

The motor will be set back perfectly so that its sucked in a bit, but I will still be able to remove and replace the distributor.

Oct082037.jpg

Oct082007.jpg

Here's Charlie, helpin' out by running into me whenever I try to do anything.

Oct082042.jpg

Last edited:
This board has the best build threads anywhere and yours has been
very entertaining to follow YB. Great pix, great commentary, awesome work
and design. My humble advice is although the front shocks look cool at that
angle their ability to support weight drops off as their angle increases.
But then i don't know if you intended to permanently place them that way?
Hey the cake is too cool ! I have snagged the foto and will put it up every time someone as a b-day here :D

I lived in Idaho and they had Rainer Beer commercials there. I loved the one where they said raaaainneeeeerrrrbeeeerrrrr and made it sound like a motorcycle.

I guess you had to be there! :D

Did the Rainer/Henry's brewry tour in Seattle too.

Dude, I am so glad you have seen that commercial. I remember it from when I was little, thinking WTF????

Now, I drink it fairly often. Not bad stuff man, its the pride of WA I guess, the Seahawks aren't doing **** for us.

You're a fast learner kid.........................I would like to see some triangulation in the rear kick-up. There will be a lot of force applied to that area. A good 4 bar will help too.
Good use of those Ford "hair pins".

Thanks T2T. Yeah I definitely agree. I have a plan set in place for a triangulated set up using some Jeep parts.

This board has the best build threads anywhere and yours has been
very entertaining to follow YB. Great pix, great commentary, awesome work
and design. My humble advice is although the front shocks look cool at that
angle their ability to support weight drops off as their angle increases.
But then i don't know if you intended to permanently place them that way?
Hey the cake is too cool ! I have snagged the foto and will put it up every time someone as a b-day here :D

Thanks Earthman. I appreciate the support. Don't worry man, the front shocks will be more at a 25-30 degree angle. I have to check that chart in speedway that says how much your spring rate changes with the more degree you tilt the spring.

Does anyone have a link to one? That would be handy to have on the computer.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of your help!

I have quite a bit of updates for ya'll, but I figure it will be best to wait until I get the pictorial to go with it.

So for now, here's an idea I came up with. I have been trying to figure out the best way to make these Ford Twin I Beam Hairpins (or trailing arms) work, and how to get them properly mounted to my I beam

sep082015.jpg

Since these Hairpins aren't traditional in anyway, they have a hole drilled through the top where a massive bolt goes directly through the Hairpin into each of the I Beams, as seen below in points 'D' & 'F' on this rendition of the original set up

TwinIBeam.jpg

Here are the bolt holes on mine

sep082016.jpg

Hmmmm.... How can I mount these?

Voila! End Link bushings!!!!!!

EndLinkBushing.jpg

I will make a bracket for the pad on my I beam where the parallel leafs used to be. The bracket will be a flat piece of steel bolted through the 4 existing holes of the axle, then I will weld in a vertical piece of steel round tube between the idler arm and the axle and run the End Link through the middle.

I am feeling triumphant. Proof that building one of these from Junkyard parts has its headaches, but we get through it. More updates to come.

Latest posts

Back