50 fochevalac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head lights and the brackets look great IB. [cl
I was looking over my build receipts today and noticed that I bought 2 quarts of Chassis saver. So that's how much I must have used.
Sorry for the bad info earlier.:(
Torchie

Ib the build is lookin great.
One thing I noticed is you have both secondary shoes on one of the backer plates and both primary shoes on the other.
20150514_205319_zps2yrhp8gh.jpg

Thanks Old Iron
I looked at them when I put them on and did not see a difference. I was wrong . I got home from work and mounted the other side . Then corrected the shoes.
Thanks again

Buttoned up the brake lines tonight. Crossed it off my todo list. The front crossover line is one piece . it was a real pain. I used heavy wire to tomato a templet then bent the line to match. I bent it by hand . I used the edge of the frame to do the 90 deg. bend. The 180 deg. bend I bent around the drag link .
20150519_221703_zpsic5baepc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150519_221658_zpsojjd1zdt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150519_221649_zpsqjcassha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished two thing up this weekend. I got the seat brackets made and then got the seats installed. I also got the floor in the bed all done. I had to build a farm to hold the back part . I made it so it hinges .I don't have a latch installed but gravity will hold it down for now.

On a different note. Does anyone know if the hole in a door hinge for a 49 F-1 is in the center of the hinge ? mine was all wore out sio i drill it bigger and press in a insert . I need to drill the hole now .

Got the alternator bracket done tonight . Not a lot of room or extra bolt holes to use.
20150526_215409_zpsly8d73yp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
20150526_215212_zpsoayddof8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
20150526_215024_zpscajbyky9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150526_214958_zpshdtiiyyq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got the frame and all the other parts cleaned up . I decided not to paint the frame. So tomorrow it starts going back together . I got my radiator yesterday .So I need to make the mount for that. That should be the last fabricating I need to do. I hope to be driving it to the car show in St.Ignace on June 27th.

Still working on the truck every night.I got the brake and gas lines back onto the frame also ran the power from the battery to the starter. Today my son helped me get the clutch/pressure plate in . Then we put the tranny and drive shaft in . also got the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder on.Then we got the cab put back on and bolted down. This is the first time he has wanted to help on the truck. Before he went to bed he asked what are we going to do on it tomorrow ? So it looks like i have a helper now.

Little more done. nothing big. I got the carb mounted and fuel line hooked up,head lights mounted. The bearings repacked and new seals installed.

I took 3 hours off today to help a friend. He was delivering some hay and broke a fitting on his air brakes. So I drove about an hour to bring him some tools to fix it.

Tomorrow I will try to mount the radiator I ended up buying a new aluminum one off of ebay. I also want to get the brakes and clutch bled

20150605_193943_zpsvbd4owmp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

I was at a resale shop and found some bling for the truck. I need to figure out how to mount it so I can still get the breather off.
20150605_221042_zps10wir1t0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_20150605_221129_zpsntvcisye.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back