50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw the overflow last night on facespace. Thought it was pretty sweet!! At the rate you are moving I do believe you will be on the road before me. All I have done lately is push mine in to a corner yesterday to get it out of my way..... :(

Wheel purchased, good deal =)

I found a guy selling some 15" wheels 10" wide so I jumped on the deal, $125 for two wheels, the stainless trim rings, and the 46 ford hub caps.

I'll have mine up for sale here soon as this is the look I was looking for...

Attachments

• DSC05288.jpg
    DSC05288.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC05289.jpg
    DSC05289.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC05290.jpg
    DSC05290.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 31
The plan is to match in the front with narrower wheels and the same hubcaps.

I don't know what rubber yet, thinking 275/60/R15, I think BF goodrich is about the only one that I can find that is a normal street tire and not too bad on price compared to the street rod style tires...

$_35.JPG

Thoughts?

Those BFGs are what I have on my rat. Love the look, don't much like the price. Not to sure on how they ride since I haven't went for a serious legal cruise yet...

Those BFGs are what I have on my rat. Love the look, don't much like the price. Not to sure on how they ride since I haven't went for a serious legal cruise yet...

After looking at yours, I think they are just too narrow for a 10" rim, since you have them on 8" rims... That pretty much locks me into a 28X12X15 Mickey Thompson S/R which is fine, they are just expensive... need to sell the wheels/tires I have soon too...

So tonight I got one of the rear brake lines run, so 1/4 done... tomorrow going to pick up the rest of what I need to finish the lines hopefully after work...

Brake line progress

I must have mis-measured/estimated the length on one of the rear lines, so I need to return a line and get a longer one, but I did manage to get the line from the proportioning valve to the front splitter and out to the flex lines, and one of the rear hard lines is done, and one started...

Now I need some clamps to hold all the lines in place as well... :)

Attachments

• DSC05291.jpg
    DSC05291.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC05292.jpg
    DSC05292.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05293.jpg
    DSC05293.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05294.jpg
    DSC05294.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC05295.jpg
    DSC05295.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 53
Well I got the line I needed last night, and I got a chance to hit the garage for a little bit this morning, and I got the last line bent up for the rear. Only need one more fitting to finish the lines, as the cheapo brass adapters for the residual valves deform easily when tightening them into the residual valve. So the trick is, I guess, take a spare line end and thread it in the female end so that it does not deform when tightening the tapered thread side into the residual valve... Lesson learned...

I did work on bleeding the front circuit (with the plug to keep the safety piston in place in the proportioning valve) just to make sure it pushes fluid, and that seems to be working...

Oh how I can't wait to get all these lines done and bled... Also looks like I'll need a steering stop or something so as to not hit the caliper on the axle, and it just so happens the banjo fitting is the furthest point out - which I think someone else on the board had issues with the same thing...

Back