50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are keeping at it DR.
This stuff like brake lines, fuel line, wireing, all take time.
You get your rescue pup yet?
Torchie.

Yea, we got him 3 weeks ago! I posted some pics in the "Whats your dog's name" thread!
Going after dinner to get another fitting, and probably an american line wrench set since all I have is metric...

Yea, we got him 3 weeks ago! I posted some pics in the "Whats your dog's name" thread!
Going after dinner to get another fitting, and probably an american line wrench set since all I have is metric...
Nice! I will have to check that thread out.
You are the opposite of me. I had to by some metrics a while ago as all I have are American standard.LOL
Torchie.

I have brakes!

Tonight we bled the brakes, all I have left to do is finish the pedal assembly.
Everything seemed really easy to bleed, and good solid pedal.

Next will be hopefully finalizing the pedal, and working on steering. :):):)

I smell a test drive coming soon. :cool:

[P[P[P

Soon-ish :)

Well, I scored a matching (to the rear wheels I bought) set of 15x7 (Early Wheel company) wheels with the hub caps and beauty rings for $120 today. So now I just need to get the welds & mickey thompson tires sold so I can put the new rubber on the new wheels.

Attachments

• DSC05296.jpg
    DSC05296.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC05298.jpg
    DSC05298.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC05299.jpg
    DSC05299.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC05300.jpg
    DSC05300.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 30
Not as much progress during the holidays...

Spending a lot of time with the family & new pups, as you all probably are!

I did find the time to scuff, prime and paint the front wheels. The rear wheels are going to the sand blaster right after the new year as there is already a few coats of paint on them...
I chose satin black wheel paint from VHT, which goes on really nicely, hopefully it is as durable as the duplicolor I've used in the past. Painted them at my shop, and brought them home to dry. They are not perfect, but will look fine on the rat going down the road.

Attachments

• DSC05301.jpg
    DSC05301.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 27
Your paint turned out better than mine on the wheels for the dodge. Gotta say the black looks good but I was hoping you were going to leave the red.

In my opinion the red wheels are past their prime... Too many people run red in my opinion....

I'm still having trouble with the beauty rings, they are not staying tight on the front rims even after a slight tweek of the tabs... and of course scratching up the new paint...

I was just sayin to leave the red because part of your rig is red and the red seats. That's all. I agree red wheels are past their prime, if you are running the flat black rod, but not necessarily if it fits your rod.

I was just sayin to leave the red because part of your rig is red and the red seats. That's all. I agree red wheels are past their prime, if you are running the flat black rod, but not necessarily if it fits your rod.

It was part red, but its going to be flat stainless silver...
I hear you, yea if it was going to be left with the patina red would have worked...

Anyhow, picked up the tires for the front today, and picked up the rear tires, but I don't have the rims done yet, waiting on a local place to sand blast, apparently they are all closed til the 2nd of january...

Attachments

• DSC05302.jpg
    DSC05302.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05303.jpg
    DSC05303.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 40
You did nice work on your brake lines.[cl

I gotta agree with you guys on the red rim thing... Mostly because I like black. I never really understood the neon green though.

In my opinion the red wheels are past their prime... Too many people run red in my opinion....

I'm still having trouble with the beauty rings, they are not staying tight on the front rims even after a slight tweek of the tabs... and of course scratching up the new paint...

You did nice work on your brake lines.[cl

I gotta agree with you guys on the red rim thing... Mostly because I like black. I never really understood the neon green though.

Lets face it guys. At this stage of the game pretty much eveything is over done.;)
Build it how you like it and let the rest go to #&$# :D
Looks great DR.
Hope those new pups aren't keeping you up at night.
Torchie.

Everything is looking good DR...

Glad things are moving along pretty well for you....as for the dogs...I've got two and they can be a pia.......as was said....won't be long now....[P

Thanks guys! Hoping to get some work done this coming weekend, been itching to get in the garage, just spent too much time being sick, and of course quite a bit of family time over the holidays...

Moving forward, even if its little bits at a time ---->>>>

purty new rubbers!!! White letters out huh?? I thought about doing that..... I need to find a way to get rid of my white letters. they look funny on the front since you can see them on the inside.

Latest posts

Back