56 waiting in the shadows.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94woody

Well I am planing to start on this Five Six. Its been my dads forever, seems that way as I remember it being around my whole life. My father use to drive this daily. But last time as around 85 as thats what the tags on it say. Kinda became a problem with dad spening too much money on it with my mother. So it got neglected and has sat. This is how it looks now.
1985 Tags
30t0uat.jpg

Its burried in garage best I can do.
2gt546b.jpg

Fenders were recapped years ago 80s didnt do a very good job
2sb4oys.jpg

Was repainted some sort of Buick green and Silver.
2moebk0.jpg

Original color (sea foam green?)
2reh9gx.jpg

Large journal crank 327
2iitvr4.jpg

Double hump 202 heads.
2elauq9.jpg

Factory Cast high rise?
70j6vt.jpg

This is my plan......First go through brakes. 2in dropped spindles, poss. 1 coil cut. Disc on front, Dual man. master cylinder. New lines hard and soft. Rear brakes new springs and wheel cylinders. New front end...ball joints tie rods etc. Pull 355 from my 75 Nova. Get it running. Pull the 15-8 Ralleys off put them up, replace with some plain 15-7 steel wheels with possible WWWalls, either black or factory car color. So sorta a rat rod look. I am hopeing to enjoy it running and driving but slowly transforming into a smooth painted retro rod. I hope my CRAZY plan comes together. This car hasnt been on road since 1985, I was 6yrs old I hardly remember being in it much. But do remember growing up thinking I would fix it up some day. Well the gears are turning in the head and hopefully that will end up the gears turning in the 56. Thats my story.

Diamond In The Rough

That's a fine looking project. Car looks solid with small amount of rust. What more could you ask for. Solid car and Mother Nature's paint job. Sounds like you a have good plan for the old timer. Keep us posted on the progress.

Welcome to RRR. Sounds like you've got a well thought out plan for the ol girl.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum & good luck with u're project. Please keep us in the loop!!!

BoB

I've always liked the '56 the best of the tri-5's. What a fun project and the nice thing about that car is... What CAN'T you get for it? Everything is available. Anxious to see your progress in the future. Sounds like your plan of attack is dead-on!

One of the beautys os rat rods is that you can get it running and driving before you even have to worry about paint and body work. Having a running driving car gets you fired up to do the finish instead of having a project that sits in the garage for years.
Welcome and good luck with your project.

Latest posts

Back