Another 50 chev chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at the bolts I can tell they would do that not a big deal as I think I can figure out how to weld it up. lol

One tip on that H.F. english wheel - weld it together at all the joints. Those crappy bolts don't hold well at all and the whole thing will start flexing on you, giving you fits and making you want to kick it over. Welded together it is MUCH better and not a bad little wheel for the price.

Your build is coming along well. Looks good!

Note much of an update just been welding welding welding front fenders done and the rear trunk lid.
Got a little bored of welding and decided to strip all the paint off.

dec3%20(3).JPG

dec3%20(1).JPG

Made a little progress today had to fix the buggered side of the car and started mocking up the front bumper.

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

Had a spare back half of a car so figured I'd add the full filler to the back of the car Just checking for fit and have to build the back half of the rear fender to kick up to the panel yet.

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

Well found more cancer and in to a good spot either

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

Shot of the front again just have to make brackets for the bumper now

IMG_1821.JPG

Now seeing as I don't have any guages or anything for this dash I think a transplant is in order

IMG_1812.JPG

And in with the new well at least try to figure out how to put this in there

IMG_1814.JPG

Mocked up the rear bumper tonight think I'm going to add some bumperets on there sides to to either end just to fill the void on either side.

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

Ok people need an opinion on the sides of the car as I had to do rockers anyway and well I'm really on the fence with this one, Keep em or take em off?

IMG_1831%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_1832%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_1833%20(Medium).JPG

Awesome work hoitink. I'm glad to see you reworked that deck lid the way you did. You see a lot of cars where that's not done and it makes a big difference I think. The car looks great.

My vote would go for a more traditional full length lakes pipe. To me, the ones you have on there now are too racey looking. I am in awe of the work you are doing and the overall integrated appearance of the car. Everything fits and compliments everything else. I am interested to see how you blend the rear bumper into the design.

not really diggin those side pipes, maybe using a smaller sized pipe to give it a more subtle look not soo noticeble.

kinda like this

Attachments

• 9238_12.jpg
    9238_12.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 119
I agree w/ the other guys. Not digging the side pipes. Perhaps the "more traditional" lake pipes, but not the ones you got on there now. Since I gave you my opinion, would you come over and pancake my trunk lid ?? :)

Killed the side pipes :) should have listened to the girlfriend lol
Just working on rust repair still and more welding up everything lol

Been welding rusty bit's and more welding where needed.

Gonna use olds headlight rings so have to extend the fenders to fit the rings.

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

Some of the rusty bits that needed fixing

IMG_1849.JPG

Little cleanup of the rear quater

IMG_1848.JPG

and the start of the new front end kinda have an idea what I'm going to do for a floating grille

IMG_1847.JPG

Latest posts

Back